Take a semester in the Rockies for self-discovery, work experience, and great adventures!
Summer, Winter, Spring or Fall - Opportunities for all in the Colorado Rockies!
Don't be deceived by our name! Snow Mountain Ranch is a year-round family camp & conference center offering a variety of seasonal jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities and professional careers for any season. We are an outdoor enthusiast's playground, with over 5,000 acres of Rocky Mountain fun and adventure for everyone ---CHECK OUT OUR FALL INCENTIVES BELOW!
Snow Mountain Ranch is located on the western side of Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley. We are a 2 hour drive from Denver. The nearby towns are Granby (15 mi), Winter Park (20 mi), and Grand Lake (25mi), which is home to the western entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park and the largest natural body of water in Colorado.
Jobs in the Spotlight
Join our Outdoor Education team between August - October 2019! Room & board provided.
About YMCA of the Rockies - Snow Mountain Ranch
Calling adventurous souls who want to experience the Colorado Rocky Mountains! We operate two year-round family resorts and conference centers, located on both sides of Rocky Mountain National Park. We are looking for active and adventurous souls who would like to contribute to the YMCA of the Rockies mission of building healthy spirits, minds and bodies in our guests, members and staff.
Positions start with a minimum commitment 6-weeks and a maximum duration of 8 months. We provide on-site housing with all the amenities and buffet-style meals (3 meals per day, 7 days a week).
CHECK OUT OUR FALL INCENTIVES BELOW
The Employee Experience
Spend a season in the High Rockies on our 5,000+ acres, which offer countless opportunities for fun and adventure. When not on the job, take advantage of our activities for guests & staff which include: skiing, hiking, horseback riding, dog-sledding, archery, rock climbing, arts & crafts, swimming, biking, and many other other recreational activities and adventures!
We employ people of all different ages & backgrounds, from all around the world. Our staff have the incredible opportunity to make life-long friendships in an absolutely beautiful environment.
Room and Board
Room and board are included with all seasonal positions! Staff live in dormitory style housing and are provided with three buffet meals a day in our dining facilities.
We have a zero-tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
WORK WITH US THIS FALL 2019 & EARN THE FOLLOWING REWARDS:
If you work in Housekeeping, Lodging & Event Operations, or Food Service...
- Travel subsidy a.k.a. the Y will pay staff's travel expenses
- $100/month completion bonus per month (September - May)
- Employee’s preferred mode of travel will be covered by YMCA of the Rockies. If driving, it is the responsibility of the employee to keep all food, gas, and lodging receipts.
- Employees who do not complete their work agreement will not be eligible for rehire.
- This program may be terminated by YMCA of the Rockies at any time.
Some of the benefits of working for Snow Mountain Ranch include:
- Room & Board for all seasonal employees
- Appreciation Fund for employees who complete their work agreement
- Discounted nights in our lodges
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership access while you’re employed
- Corporate Grand Passes - skiing, snowboarding, tubing, mountain biking, and golf at Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain, Granby Ranch, and Steamboat.
- Click here to check out all of our activities on property
Getting Here and Getting Around
Snow Mountain Ranch is located 2 hours from Denver, CO, in beautiful Grand County. We are only 30 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park, for world-class hiking in the summer, and Grand Lake, the largest and deepest natural lake in Colorado. We are also only 20 minutes from Winter Park Ski Resort for skiing in the winter!