Now Hiring Leaders in Guest Service! Experience winter in the Rockies
Live, Work & Play in the Colorado Rockies
We are a family camp & conference center with over 5,000 acres of Rocky Mountain fun and adventure for our guests and staff. The YMCA of the Rockies puts Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Snow Mountain Ranch is located on the western side of Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley. We are a 2 hour drive from Denver. The nearby towns are Granby (15 mi) & Winter Park (20 mi). In the winter, SMR offers access to Nordic & downhill skiing and trails for snowshoeing. In summer, explore our back-country forests & trails by foot or bike!
Jobs in the Spotlight
About YMCA of the Rockies - Snow Mountain Ranch
YMCA of the Rockies is looking for seasonal staff to come live, work and play with us in the Rocky Mountains!
We have employment opportunities throughout the year, including: full-time & part-time positions, gap programs, internships & volunteer opportunities.
The Employee Experience
The experience at Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is unlike any other. Spend a season in the High Rockies on our 5,000+ acres, which offer countless opportunities for fun and adventure. When not on the job, take advantage of our activities for guests & staff which include: skiing, hiking, horseback riding, dog-sledding, archery, rock climbing, arts & crafts, swimming, biking, and many other other recreational activities and adventures!
We employ people of all different ages & backgrounds, from all around the world. Our staff have the incredible opportunity to make life-long friendships.
We're looking for:
- Motivated individuals who seek positions with leadership opportunities
- Outgoing personalities who want to facilitate programs and activities
- Service-minded people who want to learn hospitality skills to launch a career
We expect staff to uphold and reflect the YMCA of Rockies mission, as well as the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith.
No matter the position, our staff should possess excellent customer service skills, be friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
YMCA of the Rockies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. To that end, our staff are expected to promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment.
In accordance with our Association's safety program, we run criminal background checks on all employees.
Room and Board
Room and board are provided for all seasonal employees.
- Dormitory style housing
- Furniture & linens are provided
- All staff living in staff housing will be asked to take part in cleaning the common areas of each building (hallways, showers, lobbies, and grounds).
Meals are buffet style - 3 meals per day, 7 days a week
There is free wifi access across our grounds (but cell-phone service can be limited, depending on your service provider).
The Human Resource Office & Residence Assistants support our staff with all kinds of events & excursions such as cultural experiences, shopping trips, sporting events, and other activities both on & off-grounds. They also serve as liaisons & ensure safety within our housing and on-grounds community.
As part of our healthy spirit, mind & body mission, we are an alcohol & drug-free facility.
- A place to live in one of the most beautiful places in the world (in our opinion) -- and no bills!
- All of your meals - lots of options without needing to cook or clean-up!
- Time to enjoy mountain life (including snowshoeing, Nordic and downhill skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking and more!)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- A chance to meet new people, live & work with people from around the world, and make life-long friendships
Getting Here and Getting Around
Snow Mountain Ranch is located 2 hours from Denver, CO in beautiful Grand County. We are only 30 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park for world class hiking in the summer and 20 minutes from Winter Park Ski Resort for skiing in the winter!
- Hiking, Trail Running, Mountain Biking
- Miniature Golf, Disc Golf, Archery, Climbing Wall
- Fishing, Canoeing, Horseback Riding
- Nordic Skiing, Snowshoeing, Dog Sledding
- Guest Services
- Food Service Staff
- Activity Specialists
- Human Resources/Employee Services
- Buildings & Grounds
- Conference Services
- Day Camp Counselors
- Outdoor Education Instructors
- Gift Shop Staff
- Internships Available
- Gap Programs for young adults 18-25
How to Apply
Please complete the online application for the position you are interested in.
We have a variety of opportunities available, but they fill up fast! If you are not selected for your 1st choice position, please let us know your 2nd & 3rd choice positions. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your alternative placement choices.