Lodging and Event Operations Staff - Seasonal (Room and Board Included)
Summer, Winter, Spring or Fall - Opportunities for all in the Colorado Rockies
Don't be deceived by our name! Snow Mountain Ranch is a year-round family camp & conference center offering a variety of seasonal jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities and professional careers for any season. We are an outdoor enthusiast's playground, with over 5,000 acres of Rocky Mountain fun and adventure for our guests and staff.
Snow Mountain Ranch is located on the western side of Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley. We are a 2 hour drive from Denver. The nearby towns are Granby (15 mi) & Winter Park (20 mi). In the winter, SMR offers access to Nordic & downhill skiing and trails for snowshoeing. In summer, explore our back-country forests & trails by foot or bike!
Jobs in the Spotlight
Front Desk Attendant/Registration - Seasonal, Winter/Spring 2018/2019 (Room & Board Included)
Help maintain a beautiful camp and conference center on the western slope of the Rocky Mountains!
Seeking personal and spiritual growth while working in a seasonal job? Apply here!
Continue your career as a Chef at Snow Mountain Ranch! Great employee perks & benefits!
About YMCA of the Rockies - Snow Mountain Ranch
Calling adventurous souls who want to experience the Colorado Rocky Mountains! YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers, located on both sides of Rocky Mountain National Park. We are looking for active and adventurous souls who would like to contribute to the YMCA of the Rockies mission of building healthy spirits, minds and bodies in our guests, members and staff.
Positions start with a minimum commitment 6-weeks, up to 8 months. We provide on-site housing with all the amenities and buffet-style meals (3 meals per day, 7 days a week).
We are proud to welcome our staff, volunteers and guests from all around the world and all walks of life into our YMCA of the Rockies family. There is truly no better way to experience the beauty of the Rocky Mountains!
The Employee Experience
The experience at Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is unlike any other. Spend a season in the High Rockies on our 5,000+ acres, which offer countless opportunities for fun and adventure. When not on the job, take advantage of our activities for guests & staff which include: skiing, hiking, horseback riding, dog-sledding, archery, rock climbing, arts & crafts, swimming, biking, and many other other recreational activities and adventures!
We employ people of all different ages & backgrounds, from all around the world. Our staff have the incredible opportunity to make life-long friendships in an absolutely beautiful environment.
We're looking for:
- Motivated individuals who seek positions with leadership opportunities
- Outgoing personalities who want to facilitate programs and activities
- Service-minded people who want to learn hospitality skills to launch a career
No matter the position, our staff should possess excellent customer service skills, be friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
YMCA of the Rockies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. In accordance with our Association's safety program, we run criminal background checks on all employees.
Room and Board
Room and board are provided for all seasonal employees.
- Dormitory style housing
- Furniture & linens are provided
- Meals are buffet style - 3 meals per day, 7 days a week
- RA's host shopping trips, cultural events, and day-trips to sporting events & other fun excursions for staff throughout the season.
There is free wifi access across our grounds (but cell-phone service can be limited.)
As part of our healthy spirit, mind & body mission, we are a alcohol & drug-free facility (including marijuana).
SPRING 2019 INCENTIVES!
TRAVEL SUBSIDY FOR HOUSEKEEPING AND FOOD SERVICE:
YMCA of the Rockies will pay the cost of your airfare to join us between March 1 - May 31, 2019. Option to arrive and start work sooner is also available.
Employees who have a signed work agreement for housekeeping and food service only will be eligible for travel expense coverage with the following understanding:
- Returning employees must have a signed work agreement with Human Resources for a minimum of one week in duration and must work a minimum of 40 hours anytime between March 1 - May 31, 2019 or they will be responsible for reimbursing the YMCA for travel expenses;
- New employees must have a signed work agreement for Human Resources a minimum of two weeks in duration and must work a minimum of 80 hours anytime between March 1 - May 31, 2019 or they will be responsible for reimbursing the YMCA for travel expenses;
- The YMCA of the Rockies will purchase travel to the YMCA through the employee’s preferred mode of travel (plane, bus or train). Return travel will be the responsibility of the employee;
- Employees who would like to drive will be eligible for reimbursement of food, gas and lodging receipts. Original receipts must be submitted and only expenses directly related to the employee's cost while traveling to the YMCA will be considered.
- Employees will need to sign an agreement with HR stipulating their willingness to have travel expenses deducted from final pay in the case of termination or breaking their original work agreement dates. This agreement must be signed before travel purchases will occur;
- Employees who do not complete their work agreement will not be rehired;
- Maximum reimbursement rates may apply.
- This program may be terminated by YMCA of the Rockies at any time.
STAFF WORK AGREEMENT COMPLETION BONUS:
All seasonal staff who complete their work agreement any time during January 2019 - May 2019 will receive $100.00 per month completion bonus.
- Employees must complete their original work agreement as agreed upon with Human Resources
- Employees will only be eligible for the months worked Jan - May
- A month will be calculated as four weeks of work between Jan - May
- Bonuses will not be prorated for periods of work less than one month
- Bonuses will be paid out no later than the last day of the following month after the end of your work agreement.
Getting Here and Getting Around
Snow Mountain Ranch is located 2 hours from Denver, CO, in beautiful Grand County. We are only 30 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park, for world-class hiking in the summer, and Grand Lake, the largest and deepest natural lake in Colorado. We are also only 20 minutes from Winter Park Ski Resort for skiing in the winter!
- Hiking, Trail Running, Mountain Biking
- Miniature Golf, Disc Golf, Archery, Climbing Wall
- Fishing, Canoeing, Horseback Riding
- Nordic Skiing, Snowshoeing, Dog Sledding
How to Apply
Please complete the online application for the position you are interested in.
We have a variety of opportunities available, but they fill up fast! If you are not selected for your 1st choice position, please let us know your 2nd & 3rd choice positions. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your alternative placement choices.