360° Mountain views, free room and board, outdoor activities and great community work at the YMCA!
Summer, Winter, Spring or Fall - Opportunities for all in the Colorado Rockies
Don't be deceived by our name! Snow Mountain Ranch is a year-round family camp & conference center offering a variety of seasonal jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities and professional careers for any season. We are an outdoor enthusiast's playground, with over 5,000 acres of Rocky Mountain fun and adventure for our guests and staff.
Snow Mountain Ranch is located on the western side of Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley. We are a 2 hour drive from Denver. The nearby towns are Granby (15 mi) & Winter Park (20 mi). In the winter, SMR offers access to Nordic & downhill skiing and trails for snowshoeing. In summer, explore our back-country forests & trails by foot or bike!
Jobs in the Spotlight
Relief Night Auditor - Seasonal, Part Time
Lodging and Event Operations Staff - Seasonal, Winter 2018/2019 (Room and Board Included)
Maintenance Assistant - Seasonal, Winter 2018/2019 (Room and Board Included)
Night Security - Seasonal, Part Time (Starting Fall 2018)
Outdoor Education Instructor - Seasonal , Mid-August through Mid-October (Room & Board Included)
Recreation Attendant - Seasonal , Fall 2018 (Room & Board Included)
Resident Assistant - Seasonal, Fall 2018 (Room and Board Included)
Resident Assistant - Seasonal, Winter 2018/2019 (Room and Board Included)
Lifeguard - Seasonal , Fall 2018 (Room & Board Included)
Front Desk Attendant/Registration - Seasonal, Fall 2018 (Room & Board Included)
Front Desk Attendant/Registration - Seasonal, Winter 2018/2019 (Room & Board Included)
Dining Room/Food Service Worker - Seasonal, Winter 2018/2019 - (Room & Board Included)
Dining Room/Food Service Worker - Seasonal, Fall 2018 (Room & Board Included)
Craft Shop Instructor - Seasonal, Fall 2018(Room & Board Included)
Guest Services Liaison
Gift Shop Manager
Program Desk Attendant - Seasonal, Winter 2018 - (Room & Board Included)
Craft Shop Supervisor - Seasonal - (Room & Board Included)
Family Programs Facilitator - Seasonal, Winter 2018 - (Room & Board Included)
Nordic Trail Groomer - Seasonal - (Room and Board Included)
Nordic Center Worker - Seasonal - (Room & Board Included)
Recreation Attendant - Seasonal , Winter 2018-19 (Room & Board Included)
Lodging and Event Operations Staff - Seasonal, Fall 2018 (Room and Board Included)
Craft Shop Instructor - Seasonal, Winter 2018-19( Room & Board Included)
About YMCA of the Rockies - Snow Mountain Ranch
Calling adventurous souls who want to experience the Colorado Rocky Mountains! YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers, located on either side of Rocky Mountain National Park. We are looking for active and adventurous souls who would like to contribute to the YMCA of the Rockies mission of building healthy spirits, minds and bodies in our guests, members and staff.
We have employment opportunities throughout the year, including: full-time & part-time positions, gap programs, internships & volunteer opportunities. Our positions are available in a variety of departments, including: Guest Services, Stores, Conference Services, Programs, Housekeeping, Food Service, Buildings & Grounds Maintenance, Resident Life, Chaplain’s Assistants, and more!
Positions start with a minimum commitment 6-weeks, up to 8 months. We provide on-site housing with all the amenities and buffet-style meals (3 meals per day, 7 days a week).
We are proud to welcome our staff, volunteers and guests from all around the world and all walks of life into our YMCA of the Rockies family. There is truly no better way to experience the beauty of the Rocky Mountains!
The Employee Experience
The experience at Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is unlike any other. Spend a season in the High Rockies on our 5,000+ acres, which offer countless opportunities for fun and adventure. When not on the job, take advantage of our activities for guests & staff which include: skiing, hiking, horseback riding, dog-sledding, archery, rock climbing, arts & crafts, swimming, biking, and many other other recreational activities and adventures!
We employ people of all different ages & backgrounds, from all around the world. Our staff have the incredible opportunity to make life-long friendships.
We're looking for:
- Motivated individuals who seek positions with leadership opportunities
- Outgoing personalities who want to facilitate programs and activities
- Service-minded people who want to learn hospitality skills to launch a career
We expect staff to uphold and reflect the YMCA of Rockies mission, as well as the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith.
No matter the position, our staff should possess excellent customer service skills, be friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
YMCA of the Rockies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. To that end, our staff are expected to promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment.
In accordance with our Association's safety program, we run criminal background checks on all employees.
Room and Board
Room and board are provided for all seasonal employees.
- Dormitory style housing
- Furniture & linens are provided
- All staff living in staff housing will be asked to take part in cleaning the common areas of each building (hallways, showers, lobbies, and grounds).
Meals are buffet style - 3 meals per day, 7 days a week
There is free wifi access across our grounds (but cell-phone service can be limited, depending on your service provider).
The Human Resource Office & Residence Assistants support our staff with all kinds of events & excursions such as cultural experiences, shopping trips, sporting events, and other activities both on & off-grounds. They also serve as liaisons & ensure safety within our housing and on-grounds community.
As part of our healthy spirit, mind & body mission, we are an alcohol & drug-free facility.
FALL 2018 INCENTIVES!!!!!
Travel Subsidy for Housekeeping and Food Service
YMCA of the Rockies will pay the cost of your airfare to join us anytime between August 1 - November 15, 2018
Employees who have a signed work agreement for housekeeping and food service only will be eligible for travel expense coverage with the following understanding:
- Returning employees must have a signed work agreement with Human Resources for a minimum of one week in duration and must work a minimum of 40 hours or they will be responsible for reimbursing the YMCA for travel expenses;
- New employees must have a signed work agreement for Human Resources a minimum of two weeks in duration and must work a minimum of 80 hours or they will be responsible for reimbursing the YMCA for travel expenses;
- The YMCA of the Rockies will purchase travel to the YMCA through the employee’s preferred mode of travel (plane, bus or train). Return travel will be the responsibility of the employee;
- Employees who would like to drive will be eligible for reimbursement of food, gas and lodging receipts. Original receipts must be submitted;
- Employees will need to sign an agreement with HR stipulating their willingness to have travel expenses deducted from final pay in the case of early termination. This agreement must be signed before travel purchases will occur;
- Employees who do not complete their work agreement will not be rehireable;
- Maximum reimbursement rates may apply.
- This program may be terminated by YMCA of the Rockies at any time.
STAFF WORK AGREEMNET COMPLETION BONUS!
All seasonal staff who complete their work agreement any time during September 2018 - May 2019 will receive $100.00 per month completion bonus.
- Employees must complete their original work agreement as agreed upon with Human Resources
- Employees will only be eligible for the months worked Sept - May
- A month will be calculated as four weeks of work between Sept - May
- Bonuses will not be prorated for periods of work less than one month
- Bonuses will be paid out no later than the last day of the following month after the end of your work agreement.
- A place to live in one of the most beautiful places in the world (in our opinion) -- and no bills!
- All of your meals - lots of options without needing to cook or clean-up!
- Time to enjoy mountain life (including snowshoeing, Nordic and downhill skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking and more!)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- A chance to meet new people, live & work with people from around the world, and make life-long friendships
Getting Here and Getting Around
Snow Mountain Ranch is located 2 hours from Denver, CO in beautiful Grand County. We are only 30 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park for world class hiking in the summer and 20 minutes from Winter Park Ski Resort for skiing in the winter!
- Hiking, Trail Running, Mountain Biking
- Miniature Golf, Disc Golf, Archery, Climbing Wall
- Fishing, Canoeing, Horseback Riding
- Nordic Skiing, Snowshoeing, Dog Sledding
How to Apply
Please complete the online application for the position you are interested in.
We have a variety of opportunities available, but they fill up fast! If you are not selected for your 1st choice position, please let us know your 2nd & 3rd choice positions. You can email us at email@example.com to let us know your alternative placement choices.