Are you looking for a chance to work & live in Colorado while also getting to travel abroad?
Snow Mountain Ranch is located between Winter Park and Grand Lake, which is the largest natural body of water in Colorado and also home to the western entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Snow Mountain Ranch, Colorado
- $240.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (May 02, 2020)
Discover: Mission is a twelve-week program with an emphasis on community service, outdoor adventure, and job experience in the hospitality industry. The first 10 weeks will be spent at Snow Mountain Ranch and the last 10 days will be spent in the Dominican Republic for a service trip. The months of March and April will be spent working a full-time seasonal job in the hospitality industry while regularly meeting with your Discover: Mission participants developing bonds of friendship and fellowship. You will also be learning life skills to better prepare you for a service trip. This program is perfect for those looking to use their servant hands for something bigger than themselves. Applications are now open!
This program is designed for participants age 18-22 years old.
Program Dates: March 2, 2020 - May 23, 2020
DISCOVER: Mission ComponentS
- Seasonal employment (40 hours/week) in a guest service focused department (food service or housekeeping)
- Work is hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $230/week, including:
- Room (housing includes internet access/electric/heat/water--no bills! --in a dormitory building)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals 7 days per week)
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership access while you're employed (our facilities include a pool, gymnasium, climbing wall, fitness classes, trails, roller rink, and a Craft Shop)
- Other employee perks include free skiing/snowboarding/mountain biking/golf (dependent on season and resort) at Winter Park Resort and other resorts.
- Recreational opportunities (both scheduled and informal) to explore Rocky Mountain National Park and our stunning locale
- Opportunities for reflection and relationship-building
- A 10-day service trip to the Dominican Republic
- Regularly-scheduled small-group workshops and training sessions on topics of interest
- Opportunities to continue working at Snow Mountain Ranch for up to 4 additional months as seasonal or pursue a full-time opening with us
TOTAL COST OF THE PROGRAM IS $1500.00
$150 dollars of this fee is payable upon acceptance into the program. 50% of the program fee ($750, including deposit) is due by March 1st, 2020. The remaining fee can be paid for through payroll deduction or will be due April 1st, 2020. The program fee includes:
- Airfare for an international trip
- Food and lodging while in the Dominican Republic
- Activity costs for exploring Colorado.
PASSPORT REQUIREMENT: Participants must have a valid passport by the program start date (March 2nd, 2020). Your passport expiration date must be at least 6 months beyond the trip return date of May 21, 2020.
WHAT DISTINGUISHES THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES DISCOVER: MISSION PROGRAM FROM OTHER GAP YEAR PROGRAMS?
The Cost. Not only is the enrollment fee ($150) lower than most, you actually have the opportunity to earn the fees back, because during your two-month program you will be working 40 hours per week at Snow Mountain Ranch. As a result of your work, you will receive room, board, and an hourly wage plus employee perks. The total program cost is $1500.
The length: Our three-month program will allow participants to take part in other gap year opportunities (before or after your DISCOVER: Mission experience) OR will allow you to stay on in a seasonal staff role after the program has concluded.
- The location. DISCOVER: Mission participants will live with one or more roommates in a dormitory that's located on-property with access to a pool and other recreational facilities. Snow Mountain Ranch is located on 5,000 acres in the heart of the Colorado Rockies.