For young adults 18-22 seeking personal and spiritual growth while gaining work & life experience.
Snow Mountain Ranch is located between Winter Park and Grand Lake, which is the largest natural body of water in Colorado and also home to the western entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Snow Mountain Ranch, Colorado
- $240.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 7 months (Aug 10, 2020)
TREK is an eight-month program with an emphasis on personal and spiritual growth, outdoor adventure, and job experience in the hospitality industry. Participants will work a full-time seasonal job at Snow Mountain Ranch while regularly meeting with other TREK participants developing bonds of friendship and fellowship. Participants will experience faith and character development while gaining greater self-awareness and understanding. Guided by the Chaplains there will be weekly group meetings and small group meetings that encourage accountability, safe relationships, Bible study, thoughtful reflection, honest conversation, and prayer. Retreats and special activities are also a part of this experience.
This program is designed for participants age 18-22 years old.
Program Dates: August 10, 2020 - May 4, 2021
What Can Participants Expect to Gain?
The development of a spiritual, personal, relational and practical foundation for life and leadership. Participants will also have gainful employment for eight months, lifelong friendships with people from around the world, and mountain recreation.
Important Information: Applications are open between November 15, 2019 - June 30, 2020. TREK is only accepting 26 participants this year, so make sure to turn in your application as soon as possible! Interviews begin on January 15, 2020.
Please be aware, even if you're working in another department, most of our staff may work up to a few days each week in food service or housekeeping during September/October.
TREK PARTICIPANT COMPENSATION:
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $240/week with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free Wi-Fi and no bills)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days a week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop.
- Free Grand Passes for skiing at Winter Park Resort, Steamboat Springs, Copper Mountain, and Ski Granby Ranch, and for mountain biking, rock climbing, and golf during the summer.
- Discounted gear rentals for sports and outdoor recreation.
- Employee programming including free or discounted staff trips.
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges
Total Program Cost: $1250.00
- $50 non-refundable application fee (instructions for paying the application fee will be e-mailed to the applicant after they have completed the online application)
- $200 enrollment deposit due at the time of acceptance into the program.
- $1,000 program tuition due on 8/1/2020 OR $250 initial tuition payment due 8/10/2020 with $750 deducted from payroll throughout the program.
What Distinguishes the YMCA of the Rockies trek program from other Gap Year programs?
The Cost. Not only is the enrollment fee ($50) lower than most, but you actually have the opportunity to earn the fees back (plus more), because during your 8-month program you will be working 40 hours per week at Snow Mountain Ranch.
- The location. TREK participants will live with one or more roommates in a dormitory, with access to recreational amenities and facilities on-property. Snow Mountain Ranch is located on 5,000 acres in the heart of the Colorado Rockies and is nestled right between Winter Park Resort (voted #1 ski resort in North America two years in a row) and Grand Lake (Colorado's largest natural body of water and charming mountain town.)