Connect kids with nature while living in the mountains! Room, board, pay, & tons of perks included.
Snow Mountain Ranch is located between Winter Park and Grand Lake, which is the largest natural body of water in Colorado and also home to the western entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Snow Mountain Ranch, Colorado
- $250.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (Apr 13, 2020)
Our Outdoor Education Instructors help facilitate adventure/outdoor-based programs including low/high elements challenge course, environmental education, climbing wall and day hike interpretations.
Do you meet the following requirements:
- High school graduate or GED equivalence.
- Minimum of one season of experience facilitating adventure and outdoor education programs.
- Experience working with multiple populations ranging from school age to adults in an outdoor setting.
- Knowledge of interpretive natural history of the Rocky Mountains.
As a YMCA staff member, can you demonstrate:
- Commitment to the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith
- Support of the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Excellent customer service skills; for example, being friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Safe work practices and contribute to a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
What we offer our Outdoor Education Instructors:
- On-site housing (shared room in a staff dormitory)
- All meals included! Our Dining Hall is open for 3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week, plus discounts to the general store and cafe
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies - Snow Mountain Ranch facilities, including an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, tennis courts, mini-golf, hiking trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted or free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Free Grand Passes to check-out
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips and activities
- And much, much more!