Looking for Nordic Groomers & Interns! 120 kilometers of Nordic trails in the heart of the Rockies!
Snow Mountain Ranch is located between Winter Park and Grand Lake, which is the largest natural body of water in Colorado and also home to the western entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Snow Mountain Ranch, Colorado
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Oct 14, 2019)
Dates: October 15 - 2019 - April 15, 2020
The Nordic Groomer is responsible for laying down a high-quality snow/trail product. This will be accomplished by operating and maintaining a Nordic grooming equipment fleet including snowmobiles, with pull-behind implements such as track setters and rollers, and when properly trained, the Nordic groomer will operate the cat groomer. Groomers are also responsible for on-going trail maintenance during the winter season, which requires the ability to safely operate chainsaws and other trail maintenance equipment.
COMPENSATION: This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position (pay is DOE), with additional employee benefits including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort – limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
CHANGING LIVES STARTS WITH YOU
Be a part of something bigger. Join our team at www.workintherockies.org