Looking for the experience of a lifetime? Work with us in Beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park!
YMCA of the Rockies-Snow Mountain Ranch-Winter Park, CO-30 mins from Rocky Mountain National Park
- Granby, Colorado
- $270.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Apr 09, 2018)
Develop, market and implement family programs for the guests of Snow Mountain Ranch, which support the goals of the YMCA, and assist with other Program Department functions.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Develop programs that will include educational, recreational/sports, musical, artistic and fun.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR; certifications must be current.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Possess outstanding public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a positive manner with a variety of age groups.
- Create programs appropriate for guests of all ages, including children, seniors, and family reunions.
- Ability to organize program development and presentation.
- Ability to communicate program needs to Program Director and other Snow Mountain Ranch departments.
- Ability to work and move in a variety of environments, including indoors, outdoors, and possibly over rough terrain.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Assist with daily operations of the Program Building and other program areas.
- Coordinate sign-up for programs.
- Ability to train peers.
- Maintain participation records for all family programs.
- Evaluate programs offered and make recommendations for future family programs.
- Guitar skills are helpful.
- Certification in Lifeguarding is helpful.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $270/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)