Maintenance Assistant needed in beautiful High Rockies!
High Rockies, located between Winter Park Resort and Rocky Mountain National Park
- Snow Mountain Ranch/YMCA of the Rockies in Granby, CO
- $220.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (Apr 02, 2018)
Assist year-round employees with upkeep of buildings and grounds. Duties may include shoveling snow, painting, trash pick-up, carpentry, and other minor repairs. Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Climb ladders and work on roofs. Use hand and power tools. Work independently. Have valid driver's license and comply with YMCA driving rules. Work indoors and outdoors in all weather. Read and speak English.
- Approval and ability to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess effective written and oral English communication skills.
- Lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Work on your feet and knees for an eight-hour shift, inside and outside, sometimes in extreme conditions.
- Climb ladders, scaffolding and work on roofs.
- Be a team player in support of organizational goals and objectives.
- Work Night Maintenance shift when needed.
- Shovel snow from walks, porches, stairs and roofs (primarily October to April).
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Assist wherever needed, may include basic carpentry, painting, plumbing, landscaping and cleaning.
- Assist year-round employees and follow their instructions on projects.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Learn to repair minor problems in facilities.
- Pick up trash on assigned route and dispose of properly.
- Uphold a positive attitude towards serving guests at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Access to Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)