Help us share our Christian mission
YMCA of the Rockies-Snow Mountain Ranch-Winter Park, CO-30 mins from Rocky Mountain National Park
- Granby, Colorado
- $220.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (May 21, 2018)
To support the office of the Chaplain by coordinating and leading worship experiences, and worship teams as well as providing leadership for other religious and spiritual life activities at Snow Mountain Ranch.
- A minimum of two years higher education completed or its equivalent in experience.
- Previous experience leading worship gatherings.
- Ability to play guitar or keyboard and sing.
- Plan and implement staff religious activities here at SMR and events that are held away from Snow Mountain Ranch.
- Sound tech experience helpful.
- Good telephone communication skills.
- Outgoing personality and representative of the Chaplain and Spiritual Programs.
- Ability to speak before a group.
- Flexible to deal with a variety of circumstances and challenges.
- Operate computer with Microsoft office.
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak English.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintaining a positive Christian Attitude and Lifestyle.
- Provide leadership as needed for our TREK program.
- Act as receptionist and secretary at the Chaplain's Office.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the Chapel, RAC and Chaplain's Office.
- Able to use a variety of cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Open working with all persons of all faiths and nationalities.
- Enjoys working with persons. Demonstrating Christian compassion and support.
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to complete duties assigned on a priority basis and to be accountable for your work (“autograph your work with excellence”)
- Able to instruct and provide delegation of duties to other staff working in the Chaplain’s dept.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
This is a seasonal, hourly (approx. 40 hours/week) position paying $220/week with additional employee perks, including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort – limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)