Looking for the best summer of your life? Join our team!
YMCA of the Rockies-Snow Mountain Ranch-Winter Park, CO-30 mins from Rocky Mountain National Park
- Granby, Colorado
- $240.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (May 21, 2018)
We are open throughout the year. Please indicate your available dates on your application.
The Resident Assistant reports to the Housing Coordinator in the maintaining of a safe, clean and comfortable housing facilities for all staff housed on-grounds.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Speak and write English fluently
- Work varied hours and handle frequent interruptions as dictated by supervisor or staff needs
- Work responsibly without direct supervision and have strong organizational skills
- Possess an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters
- Ability to handle unpleasant situations with professionalism and tact
- Maintain professional and unbiased relationships with all staff members
- Ability to carry up to 40 lbs. up and down stairs, walk or run over uneven terrain, climb stairs frequently and walk around staff housing regularly.
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
- Prepare for incoming and departing staff
- Clearly communicate and follow all Snow Mountain Ranch housing policies
- Enforce staff policies to maintain order with all age groups of staff
- Keep supply closets stocked and organized.
- Help maintain general cleaning schedule for residents and make sure housing facilities are in working order
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds up 3 flights of stairs and comfortably move throughout all housing facilities.
- Other duties as assigned. During busy seasons, employees may have to work in House Keeping or Food Service to maintain efficient operations throughout the property
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $240/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)