Looking for a lifetime opportunity? Come to work with us at the YMCA of the Rockies!!!
High Rockies, located between Winter Park Resort and Rocky Mountain National Park
- Snow Mountain Ranch/YMCA of the Rockies near Winter Park, CO
- $14.50 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (Feb 28, 2018)
The Maintenance Technician – Seasonal/Volunteer Supervisor is responsible for the upkeep and repair of buildings and infrastructure associated with operations at Snow Mountain Ranch through the oversight of seasonal/volunteer maintenance staff. Responds to guest and staff needs by performing a variety of tasks related to all aspects of repair and maintenance to existing facilities.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize work
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills, and teaching/training skills
- Work alongside, train, and supervise seasonal/volunteer B&G staff
- On-call person for problems, emergencies, etc.
- Must safely operate all hand and power tools common to the construction industry
- Must know and use all personal protective equipment necessary to safely do assigned work and ensure seasonal/volunteer staff follow the same procedures.
- Must work from ladders and scaffolding, on roofs, in crawl spaces, and in attics.
- Must work while standing all day. Must bend over frequently. Must work with arms extended overhead frequently.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. and climb ladders.
- Must read and produce rough sketches and follow written and oral instructions
- Work inside and outside in varied weather conditions.
- Communicate with the Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds, Building Foreman, and coworkers for job tasks, assignments, challenges, and cost control.
- Proven experience with maintenance operations in a commercial resort along with residential settings.
- Experience with drywall installation and repair
- Experience with interior and exterior painting
- Experience with general carpentry
- Experience with general plumbing, heating and electrical repairs
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair plumbing, heating and electrical equipment.
- Working knowledge of residential type HVAC (forced air, boiler systems)
- Repair locks, windows, tables, chairs, beds, lamps, etc...
- Perform maintenance tasks such as, but not limited to; un-clogging sewers, drains and traps, flush valves, toilets, light pilots on stoves, furnaces and water heaters
- Requisition parts, materials, and tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe, clean and professional manner and communicate that completion with those necessary to get the accommodation or facility open and operational
- Possess excellent public relations skills with vendors, co-workers, members & guests.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to telephone, computer, copy machine, hand-held radios, etc…
- Ability to accurately enter data in the computerized work order and inventory systems.
- Ability to effectively schedule seasonal/volunteer staff for adequate coverage
- Provide disciplinary action as needed
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Ability to evaluate problems and request assistance when necessary.
- Possess effective written and oral English communication skills.
- If living on-grounds, will be on-call at least one night a week.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Have a high school diploma.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
- Repair or remodel construction work as assigned
- Plan and prioritize projects and work time for efficiency
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- All other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, year-round position paying $14.50-16.00/hour with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)