360° mountain views, free room and board, outdoor activities, and great community. Work at the YMCA!
Located in the beautiful mountain town of Estes Park, Colorado.
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $240.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Apr 27, 2020)
We hire lifeguards on an ongoing basis.
preferred start date April 2020.
Position Summary: Lifeguard is responsible for supervising our indoor pool with maximum capacity of 100. Must hold current lifeguard certification from either American Red Cross or YMCA*
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- We will train/certify lifeguards. However, upon arrival you must be able to demonstrate that you are a strong swimmer and are able to:
- Swim 300 yards continuously, using a correct breaststroke or front crawl. (not timed)
- Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive to a depth of 10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, and swim 20 yards back to the starting point with object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds
- You must be able to pass the written and practical exam at the end of the class before you will be employed as a guard. Applicants unable to pass either exam may receive an offer of employment in a different department
- Employees leaving for any reason prior to the end of their work agreement may be charged $200 for the cost of the Lifeguard Certification
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
CHANGING LIVES STARTS WITH YOU
Join our team today! Visit jobs.ymcarockies.org/ to apply.
How to Apply
Click Apply Now!