Glazed ceramics, mosaics, tie-dye, jewelry construction, silk painting, glass fusing, and more!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $240.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (May 18, 2020)
Available as an Internship or Seasonal Job.
Start and End Dates:
Mandatory: May 18 - August 14, 2020
Preferred: May 18 - August 21, 2020
- Option to stay until January 18, 2021
Position Summary: The essential functions of this position include teaching arts and crafts to guests of all ages, genders, races, religions, sexual orientations, socioeconomic backgrounds, and abilities. The employee will instruct our guests on how to create one or more of the following crafts; glazed ceramics, painted ceramics, woodcrafts to paint, wood burn or mosaic, leather stamping, tie-dye, sand pouring, jewelry construction, silk painting, basket weaving, bleach t-shirts, glass fusing as well as cashiering. Staff will not only instruct guests but will also clean up after guests, problem-solve with guests and support guests through the creative process. There will be general custodial tasks on a daily basis.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Friendly and customer-service oriented, desire to work with a diverse group of people leading various arts & crafts activities
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds to waist level and carry up to 10 feet
- Be able to walk up and down stairs frequently
- Be able to lift chairs onto tables and move furniture up to 25 pounds
- Be able to stand and move around for your entire shift
- Training will be provided for the area you will be working in. This position requires excellent customer service skills while multi-tasking in a very active environment
Compensation: This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $240/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills! Furniture & linens provided.)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week) with an option to sign up for boxed lunches.)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
How to Apply
Click Apply Now!