We offer training & certifications for those who are not certified. Room & board provided plus pay!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $260.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Aug 26, 2019)
We're looking for responsible and reliable people to join our Programs Department as Lifeguards! We offer training and certifications for those who are not certified.
Position Summary: Lifeguards are responsible for supervising our indoor pool with maximum capacity of 100. Must hold current lifeguard certification from either American Red Cross or YMCA.
Why Work With Us? We offer on-grounds and off-grounds positions. If you're living on-grounds, you will receive room & board (dormitory style housing with 3-buffet meals per day/7 days a week.) All seasonal employees also receive access to all the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, free gear rentals, discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges, free passes to check-out for skiing, free or discounted staff trips provided by the Resident Office, and more!
- Swim 300 yards continuously, using a correct breaststroke or front crawl.
- Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive to a depth of 10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, and swim 20 yards back to the starting point with object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds
- You must be able to pass the written and practical exam at the end of the class before you will be employed as a guard. Applicants unable to pass either exam may receive an offer of employment in a different department
- Employees leaving for any reason prior to the end of their work agreement may be charged $200 for the cost of the Lifeguard Certification
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to direct and supervise others with professionalism and respect
Start Date: Needed end of August/Early September 2019
CHANGING LIVES STARTS WITH YOU
Be a part of something bigger. Join our team at www.workintherockies.org
How to Apply
Click on Apply Now!