Spend your fall teaching outdoor education next to Rocky Mountain National Park!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $260.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Aug 12, 2019)
Dates: August 12, 2019 - November 8, 2019
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Outdoor Education Director, Outdoor Education Instructors will teach outdoor education classes, develop curriculum, perform organization tasks, communicate with schools and school leaders, and assist in any projects or tasks that better the Outdoor Education Program.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Participate in Outdoor Education training.
- Have experience and enjoy working with children.
- Possess a passion for or an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Education, Science, Environmental Studies, Biology, or similar area of study.
- Ability to work as a team member and coordinate with other staff in contributing to the goals of the program
- Possess and maintain certification in CPR and Wilderness First Aid.
- Be able to carry up to 40 pounds and hike up to 6 miles on uneven terrain each day.
- Plan, develop, and implement curriculum and activities to build on the current curriculum
- Contribute to a maintained, clean, and organized staff area
- Adhere to all weekly scheduled activities and classes
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles