Build confidence, learn life skills, and gain a sense of purpose while living in the Rockies!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $230.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (Aug 12, 2019)
Fall Semester Dates - August 12, 2019 - December 6, 2019
Program Highlight: Our Elevate program will provide young people (ages 18-24) with a variety of experiences designed to build confidence and to provide life skills training. The two cornerstones are employment experiences in the hospitality industry (rotating through the housekeeping and food service departments in our resort) and meaningful community service.
- Seasonal employment (40 hours/week) while rotating through guest service focused departments (food service and housekeeping)
- Work is hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $230/week, including:
- Room (housing includes internet access/electric/heat/water--no bills!--in a dormitory building)
- Board (3 buffet style meals 7 days per week)
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership access while you're employed (please note that our facilities include a pool, gymnasium (no weight equip.), climbing wall, fitness classes, trails, roller rink, and a Craft and Design Center)
- Other employee perks including free skiing/snowboarding/mountain biking/golf (dependent on season and resort) at Winter Park Resort and other resorts.
- Recreational opportunities (both scheduled and informal) to explore Rocky Mountain National Park and our stunning locale
- Opportunities for deeper reflection and relationship-building
- A week-long service trip
- Regularly-scheduled small-group workshops and training sessions on topics of interest
- Opportunities to continue working at the Estes Park Center for up to 4 additional months as seasonal, or pursue a full-time opening with us