IMMEDIATE HIRE! Teach children about the great outdoors! Seasonal (8 months max.) plus room&board!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jan 14, 2019)
The Bennett Preschool Teacher is responsible for collaborating with co-teachers and the Preschool Director in teaching preschool age children using a Nature-Based and Reggio-Inspired philosophy and curriculum.
- Possess Early Childhood Teaching License
- Hold Early Childhood Teaching Degree
- Meet State of Colorado qualifications for a group leader of a child care center (http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/97dde5_ecfc0a8022dc437d9c9cd4addd210f81.pdf)
- Be as least 21 years old
- Be intrinsically and extrinsically motivated
- Have the ability to work effectively with other team members and possess communication skills to resolve difficulties
- Be fluent in speaking and writing English
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Pass a health physical before employment
- Regularly lift up to 40 pounds up to four (4) feet
- Be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
- Have knowledge of and experience with the Reggio Approach to teaching and/or Nature-Based or Forest School Early Childhood Education Models.
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- Assist in opening or closing the preschool as assigned
- Responsible for planning, sustaining, and implementing the Reggio Approach to teaching as well as Nature-based/Forest School philosophy and curriculum
- Responsible for each child's portfolio and the evolving environment inside and outside of Bennett driven by the interests of the children
- Observe children's development while taking anecdotal notes, video, and photographs
- Responsible for addressing behavior management issues
- Share in the responsibility for the safety of the children in her/his care with the ability to predict and prevent, identify and respond to safety problems
- Uphold the Child Abuse Prevention Code of Conduct of the YMCA of the Rockies and refrain from out-of-program contact with program participants
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions.\
- Share in the cleaning of the Bennett Preschool building and preschool equipment
- Participate in YMCA Bennett Preschool Staff meetings when needed
- Lead morning meetings when needed
- Attend scheduled YMCA Bennett Preschool staff trainings
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
How to Apply