Live the Colorado Dream in the Snowy Rocky Mountains! Join our team, Room & Board included!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $220.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Dec 10, 2018)
The Housekeeper is responsible for having assigned cabins and lodge rooms cleaned by check-in time and to meet the expectations of the supervisors and guests.
Housekeeper Functions / Requirements:
- Clean lobbies and public areas
- Work on a crew with 3-5 co-workers
- Efficiently clean guest accommodations including the following tasks: clean fireplaces, vacuum and dust, strip linens and make beds, wash windows, clean toilets, sinks and showers, empty trash, mop and sweep floors, and clean ovens, etc.
- Work/use with various types of cleaning chemicals
- Complete maid service in required rooms
Laundry Attendant Functions / Requirements:
- Sort, fold, shrink-wrap, and stack laundry
- You will load, operate and empty washers and driers at proper time, temperature, and cycle settings
- You may serve customers at the linen exchange door
- Assist with Linen Driver functions; transports laundry to guest accommodations
- You will have to move, replace, and connect laundry chemical drums using a wheel dolly
- Maintain and repair window coverings in guest accommodations as needed
Other Functions / Requirements:
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
- You will uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- You also will be an ambassador of the YMCA Mission, policies, and programs
- You need excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a harmonious, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Background check standards
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Three uniform shirts will be provided for you. Provide/wear your own appropriate, closed-toe shoes and black or khaki pants. Sweatpants or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to our facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Access to Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at our lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
In accordance with our healthy spirit/mind/body mission and federal law, we have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. We practice random testing for all staff and volunteers. We also test if there's reasonable suspicion someone is using drugs or alcohol.
About the Y:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center (EPC) located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the (SMR) property.
The (EPC) is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
How to Apply