360° mountain views, free room and board, outdoor activities, and great community. Work at the YMCA!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $220.00 / week
- No experience required
The THRIVE Program Coordinator develops a progressive and engaging community with the THRIVE gap program through activities, social media communication, and interpersonal relationships that will center around the YMCA 5 core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith.
- Possess stamina to engage in physical activities on a weekly basis
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the program and participants
- Possess aptitude in developing relationships with THRIVE participants
- Possess proficient computer skills
- Possess excellent, clear written and verbal communication skills
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
- Assist with the scheduling of and facilitation of evening and daytime activities that will build ambassadorship values among THRIVE participants
- Assist in posting engaging weekly updates/communication on social media outlets
- Assist with administrative tasks such as tracking participant work hours and attendance, scheduling work rotations, compiling and evaluating feedback, evaluating program performance, etc.
- Assist with facilitating THRIVE day activities, work projects and retreats
- Assist with communicating with and setting up interviews for future participants
- Ability to facilitate workshops on various topics of interest preferred, but not mandatory
Other Functions / Requirements:
- All other duties as assigned
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 32 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and Craft and Design Center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Assistant Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero-tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our Gap Program Coordinator, Spider Fish at 970-586-3341 x1071, or email email@example.com
How to Apply