360° mountain views, free housing and food, free skiing, and great community. Work at the YMCA!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $220.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 17, 2018)
The Mountain Center Retail Attendant provides customer service to guests and members at the Mountain Center. Retail Attendants are responsible for managing a cash drawer and for keeping the store well stocked and presentable for guests at all times.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Mountain Center Retail Attendant Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be fluent in speaking English
- Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and communicate with all guests in a mature and responsible fashion
- Use a computer and computerized cash register to sell merchandise, run daily reports, balance and maintain accurate accounting
- Stocks shelves with merchandise
- Presents and rotates merchandise in an appealing manner
- Keeps store clean, neat, organized and stocked at all times
- Assist with inventory management
- Cross training in guest registration for activities to provide support as needed in other areas of the programs
- Responsible for cleaning of store and Mountain Center
- Must be able to stand in one place for lengthy periods of time
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, including early mornings and late evenings including holidays and weekends
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Assist in the success of all programs as needed.
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
• Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
• Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
• Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
• Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
• Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
• May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
• Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic cafÃ©, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
How to Apply
Follow the link below to apply!