Looking for the best summer of your life? Join our team!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $270.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Mar 26, 2018)
The Resident Assistant is responsible for helping to provide and maintain housing and activities for staff.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Speak and write English fluently.
- Work varied hours and handle frequent interruptions as dictated by supervisor or staff needs.
- Work responsibly without direct supervision and have strong organizational skills.
- Possess an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters.
- Ability to handle unpleasant situations with professionalism and tact.
- Ability to carry up to 40 lbs. up and down stairs, walk or run over uneven terrain, climb stairs frequently and walk around staff housing regularly.
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Familiarize new staff members with housing and Estes Park Center facilities. Facilitate staff introductions to help new employees feel welcome and comfortable.
- Plan and implement activities to enhance the staff experience, as well as create monthly calendar of events and motivational/educational bulletin boards in staff housing.
- Check staff in and out of rooms, assigns rooms and roommates, issues keys and opens doors for locked out residents, inspects empty rooms for damages and cleanliness.
- Drive Human Resources vehicles as needed for staff activities, staff doctor appointments, etc. Clean and gas vehicles after activities, maintain fluid levels and coordinate other routine maintenance as needed.
- Maintain professional and unbiased relationships with all staff members.
- Enforce staff policies to maintain order with all age groups of staff.
- Maintain communication with staff through meetings, announcements, notices, and newsletter articles.
- Use cleaning supplies and chemical cleaners.
- Maintain staff housing that is clean, safe, and pleasant & adds to a positive experience for staff. Responsible for cleaning hallways, central bathrooms and lobbies of staff housing.
- Handle discipline of staff as needed with advisement of the Resident Coordinator or, in their absence, the Human Resource Director.
- Reports hazards and necessary repairs to appropriate departments.
- All other duties as assigned.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $270/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW for more details and to apply online!