Looking for the experience of a lifetime? Work with us in Beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Mar 12, 2018)
The desired dates for this position are April - September, 2018. Please indicate your available dates on your application. Your application will still be considered even if you are not able to meet these exact dates, however, preference will be given to applicants who can commit to the full season.
The Family Reservationist makes and processes individual and family reservations for cabins and lodge rooms for both Estes Park Center (EPC) and Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) from start to finish and resolves problems as they develop.
- Develop a working knowledge of cabin and lodge room types, locations, donors and differences for EPC and SMR.
- Make reservations for individuals, families and members/attendees of conference groups and family reunions, by telephone, in person and through the mail For EPC and SMR.
- Process reservations through detailed paperwork, data input, documentation and filing.
- Post reservation deposits and track those that are still owed. Forfeit and/or refund deposits when necessary. Balance out daily.
- Monitor and modify reservations in order to avoid mid-stay room moves (transfers), to accommodate guest requests and to maximize cabin and lodge room revenue.
- Provide general and reservation information and answer questions by telephone, in person and through email correspondence.
- Be in contact with the Housekeeping, Buildings and Grounds and Guest Registration departments regarding cabin and lodge room problems and special needs/requests of guests.
- Set an example for staff to follow regarding attitude, politeness and responsiveness to guests and staff.
- Help in any other areas as necessary to assure a smooth flowing and efficient business and reservation operation.
- Relieve at EXO Switchboard/Reception Desk as needed.
- Participate in the YMCA of the Rockies Safety Program and attend Safety Trainings as required.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the YMCA of the Rockies: EPC and SMR, personnel, programs, policies and procedures.
Other Functions and Requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and 2 to 4 years of office experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Must be mature, stable and responsible.
- Must have a commitment to detail and thoroughness.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Must maintain a pleasant personality and helpful attitude in all situations with both guests and other staff members.
- Must communicate clearly, visually and orally, and be fluent in speaking, writing and reading in English. Fluency is Spanish is also an asset.
- Must have the ability to get along well with others and be a team player.
- Must be well organized and flexible and be able to perform various office duties.
- Must have good typing, data input, and telephone skills, including salesmanship.
- Must travel to and work at each facility as required by Family Reservations Manager.
- Must work with a limited amount of supervision and be self-motivated.
- Must work weekends, holidays, evenings and a variety of hours as required by demands of season and/or vacation/sick schedules of department.
- Other duties as Assigned.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic cafÃ©, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
How to Apply
Ready? Apply online!