Executive Steward needed in beautiful High Rockies!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $13.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (May 01, 2018)
The Executive Steward coordinates the activities of the Stewarding Division in the Food Service Deptartment in order to deliver quality products and services to guests. The position is responsible for achieving a high level of guest satisfaction while maintaining high level of guest service. Preferably looking for applicants to start on May 1, 2018.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Select, train, and supervise all members of the Stewarding Division in the Food Service Department in accordance with established standards for safety, productivity and performance
- Delegate dish and equipment washing and silver polishing activities
- Direct staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the back of the house areas, including but not limited to all kitchens, storage areas, dumpster, loading dock, banquet areas, and washing areas
- Manage general cleaning schedule so that the food service areas meet or exceed the health inspection requirements
- Maintain the inventory and coordinate the distribution of all big four items: china, glassware, and silver which also include visual inspection to ensure cleanliness, storage, and safe transportation.
- Control the equipment storage areas and the issuance of equipment for the Food and Beverages Service department. This includes maintaining the cleanliness and good operating condition of house kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, refrigerators, ovens, ice makers, walk-ins, dish machines, etc.
- Maintain inventory log book for all glass, china, and silver and other operating equipment
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards
- Assure that ample cleaning supplies and wash detergents are stocked and available. These costs cannot exceed monthly forecast budgets
- Perform other duties as requested, such as assist banquet and catering staff and move supplies and equipment
- Ability to work within established budgetary guidelines, realize bottom line needs, monitor expenses, take corrective action
- Be able to regularly lift, and carry items weighing up to 70 lbs, to counter height or above, in and out of vehicles, and up and down the stairs
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA Vehicles
Other Functions / Requirements:
- All other duties as assigned
This is a full-time, year-round, hourly paying $13-14/hour with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
How to Apply