Live the Colorado Dream in the Beautiful Rocky Mountains! Join our team, Room & Board included!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $220.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 26, 2018)
The Conference Administrative Assistant will support the Conference Department with phone reception, data entry, written and verbal correspondence, and all duties related to conference hospitality.
- Exhibits superior guest services abilities through clear, professional and friendly interactions (verbal and written), timely and accurate follow through on requests, and resolves problematic guest situations professionally with guest satisfaction as the goal.
- Possesses strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks appropriately in an ever-changing, time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrates strong leadership abilities and appropriate assertiveness needed to work independently while valuing team unity.
- Provides office phone reception for Conference Department, including radio communication to Group Leaders, Set-Up Team Members and colleagues in various departments.
- Assists with processing emails sent to general Conference email address.
- Works within Maestro reservation system and to assist with data entry & verification of conference event details (will train)
- Develops professional, accommodating relationships with group leaders and colleagues in all EPC departments.
- Identifies incomplete group event orders and assists Conference Coordinators to secure accurate information related to meeting room set-ups, meals and lodging accommodations.
- Promotes a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times, reporting areas of concern to supervisors.
- Available to work varied schedules; day, evening and weekend flexibility required.
- Possesses a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Supports the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Upholds the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Upholds and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Meets acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- All other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Uniform: 2 shirts will be provided for you. Please have comfortable, closed-toe shoes and khaki pants (or below-knee khaki shorts-summer only). Sweatpants or yoga type pants will not be permitted
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic caf, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero-tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals works to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
How to Apply
Ready? Apply online!