Do you have excellent communication & organizational skills?
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $220.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Feb 12, 2018)
The Switchboard Operator receives calls via telephone and two-way radio, answering general questions and routing calls to appropriate departments, as well as handles emergency and safety calls.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must communicate clearly orally and be fluent in speaking, writing and reading English
- Desire to be helpful and serve guests and staff
- Must be highly organized and able to multitask and handle information, including sequencing of telephone calls
- Must be able to use PBX telephone system to answer and direct calls to appropriate departments
- Answer a variety of general questions pertaining to YMCA of the Rockies and surrounding communities
- Must be able to use office and radio equipment
- Ability to succinctly handle periodic, intense and stressful situations with ease and professionalism
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Handle emergency calls and communicate with emergency services and on-grounds first responders
- Memorize and understand all emergency procedures
- Develop a good general knowledge of facilities and departments
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
How to Apply