Now Hiring Desk Attendants in our new Mountain Center for summer 2018!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $240.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (Apr 02, 2018)
The Adventure Activities Desk Attendant provides customer service to guests and members at the Mountain Center. Desk Attendants are responsible for managing a cash drawer and our online sign up system, as well as information sharing about our Program Department, our Association, Rocky Mountain National Park, and Estes Park.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be fluent in speaking English
- Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Use a computer and computerized cash register to sell merchandise, run daily reports, balance and maintain accurate accounting
- Assist guests in signing up for activities like zip line, climbing wall, high ropes, guided hikes, and archery
- Responsible for cleaning of the Mountain Center
- Communicate with all guests in a mature, responsible fashion
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $240/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
How to Apply