Enjoy working with kids? Create fun child programming in Estes Park, Colorado!
On the stunning eastern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Estes Park Center, Colorado
- $240.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Jan 01, 2018)
The After School Program Leader provides care and activities for children in the Estes Park Center YMCA After School program.
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have 3 months of full-time verifiable experience (480 hours) in working with school-age children.
- Be fluent in speaking English.
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain.
- Provide care to children after school.
- Carry out positive behavior management of children.
- Responsible for independently planning, developing and implementing the curriculum activities on a weekly basis.
- Work on developing the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in the children through activities and general interactions and requirements.
- Share in the responsibility for the safety of the children in her/his care with the ability to predict and prevent, identify and respond to safety problems.
- Communicate with children’s parents in a mature, responsible fashion.
- Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $240/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
How to Apply