Spend time in one of Colorado most popular vacation spots!
Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park, Colorado
- Snow Mountain Ranch, Colorado
- $220.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Nov 13, 2017)
As the face of Snow Mountain Ranch you will set the tone for our guest's experience. Snow Mountain Ranch is one of Colorado's largest family conference and retreat centers serving thousands of families per year.
This is a seasonal position and includes onsite Housing and 3 meals per day, every day of the week.
Detailed job knowledge of all Guest Service Operations including individual family and group process. Ensure the satisfaction of all potential and actual guests’ over the phone and in person. Account for all income during assigned shift.
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalence is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Previous hotel (or related field) experience and/or education preferred.
- Possess the ability to respond to problems, concerns and emergencies in a calm, professional manner.
- Possess outstanding telephone skills, including salesmanship.
- Operate a computer, adding machine, base radio system and telephone switchboard.
- Check guests in and out of accommodations using computer based system.
- Work effectively in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions, distractions and deadlines.
- Daily communication with the Guest Registration Manager and the PM Front Desk Supervisor.
- Make every reasonable effort in accommodating the needs and expectations of our guests. Make sure the appropriate action is taken to correct deficiencies.
- Lift 50 lbs. up to 36" above the ground.
- Able to stand for an 8 hour shift on hard floors.
- Accurately account for income during assigned shifts.
- Appropriately handle emergency situations and ability to problem-solve guest and staff issues.
- Ability to perform general office cleaning.
- Assist guests with transporting their luggage.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the hours will vary and include weekends, nights and holidays. Must also have the ability to rotate shifts and fill in for staff when needed.
- Assist and contribute to employee training programs such as the International Training Program, Navigators, TREK, and Explore Programs. Work with the volunteer staff in the Guest Service department.
- Maintain a positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position. The pay is $5.50 an hour when working the Front Desk and $6.50 when working Night Audit. In addition to the hourly wage, this position offers additional employee benefits including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort – limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
How to Apply
Please complete our online application via the links provided.