Help young adults connect to the outdoors and have a meaningful work experience in Colorado!
Located in the gateway town to Rocky Mountain National Park; Estes Park, Colorado.
- Estes Park, Colorado
- $14.15 - $14.15 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Jul 24, 2023)
Position Summary: YMCA of the Rockies offers 2 Gap Programs, Elevate and Discover, at both of our locations, Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch, for young adults between the ages of 18 - 22 to experience outdoor adventure, work experience, and team building in the mountains of Colorado. The Gap Program facilitator develops a progressive and engaging community with the gap program students through activities, social media communication, curriculum, and interpersonal relationships that will help the gap program participants build health spirits, minds, and bodies.
Dates Needed: July 24 - December 10, 2023. Opportunity to extend to March 2024 in another seasonal position.
- Possess stamina to engage in physical activities on a weekly basis
- Ability to work collaboratively with team of Gap Program Facilitators to create dynamic programming for participants
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the program and participants
- Possess aptitude in developing relationships with participants
- Possess proficient computer skills
- Possess excellent, clear written and verbal communication skills
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid, USA state issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
- Ability to drive participants in a 14 passenger mini-bus for activity days on mountain roads and in city traffic
- Assist with the scheduling of and facilitation of evening and daytime activities that will build ambassadorship values among gap program participants
- Assist in posting engaging weekly updates/communication on social media outlets
- Assist with administrative tasks such as tracking participant work hours and attendance, scheduling work rotations, compiling and evaluating feedback, evaluating program performance, etc.
- Assist with facilitating activities, work projects and retreats
- Assist with communicating with and setting up interviews for future participants
- Ability to develop curriculum and facilitate workshops on various topics of interest
- Certification in WFA or WFR
How to Apply
Click Apply Now!