Make Great Friends and Enjoy Endless Adventures in the Rocky Mountains as an Event Staff Team Member
Surrounded on three sides by Rocky Mountain National Park!
- Estes Park, Colorado
- $12.56 - $13.61 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Position Summary: This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 175,000 guests annually. The Conference Set-Up and Services Team Member is primarily responsible for impeccable guest service to conference groups through precise meeting room and Audio-Visual set-ups for 70+ event spaces. They must exhibit professional and friendly communication, prompt follow through on requests, maintain a high level of service, and maintain Center standards of cleanliness and detail execution.
Dates Needed: ASAP Flexible seasonal work agreements up to 8 months. Rolling application process, apply with your available dates.
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
- Exhibit superior guest service abilities through clear, professional and friendly interactions with all guests and staff
- Execute conference set-up orders including audio visual equipment
- Maintain the cleanliness of meeting rooms and the care of all equipment
- Possess stamina for strenuous work load with the ability to lift chairs, tables, Audio-Visual equipment and stage pieces
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to thrive in a work environment that is never the same day twice, be self-motivated, and take pride in a job well done
- Deliver, set up, and take down audio, video, and lighting equipment for concerts, conferences, family programming events, and staff events in meeting spaces and auditoriums, and provide technical support as required
- Must be able to speak and write English
Other Job Functions / Requirements:
- Willingness to learn audio, video, lighting technology, & event set-up procedures and execute to high standards
- Previous events/audio-visual experience preferred.
- Possess excellent guest service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems under pressure and in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and self-supervise on projects and daily work assignments when necessary
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills necessary to meet the needs of groups, conferences, and internal events
- Willingness to work rotating shifts sometimes early mornings or late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and comply with YMCA driving record rules
- Provide office reception as needed, including radio dispatch and interdepartmental communication via phone, radio and email
Rocky Mountain Living Package & Employee Perks:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.56 - $13.61/hour (based on 40 hours/week).
Rocky Mountain Living Package Available:
- Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
- Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf.
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities