Fall Is a Gorgeous Time to Join the YMCA of the Rockies as a Grounds Maintenance Crew Leader!
Surrounded on 3-Sides by Rocky Mountain National Park in the Beautiful Mountain Town of Estes Park!
- Estes Park, Colorado
- $15.00 - $18.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 guests annually.
The Grounds Maintenance Crew Leader is responsible for assisting the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor in supervising seasonal crews in the upkeep and projects of the Estes Park Center grounds and landscaping.
Compensation Package and Employee Perks:
- Year-round, full-time position paying $15- $18 Hourly
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (An additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years of employment)
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Child care assistance
- Family membership
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for family and friends
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- Ski passes and golf passes
- Generous PTO/vacation
- View all available jobs on our Career Site, https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/jobs
Requirements and Qualifications
- Supervise seasonal crews in landscaping, seeding, fencing, irrigation, tree management and trail work projects.
- Maintain roads, ditches and culverts year-round.
- Plan and prioritize projects and work time for efficiency.
- Upkeep of existing improved areas and improvements on new areas.
- Operate and maintain underground sprinkler systems.
- Plant and care for flowers, trees, shrubs and grass as assigned by the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor.
- Work on various other tasks outside the grounds maintenance field during the off-season as required by the Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds.
- Recommend actions to be taken to improve and effectively maintain the grounds of the Estes Park Center to the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.