Spend 3-8 months as a seasonal worker in the Rocky Mountains on our Staff Experience Team!
Surrounded on three-sides by Rocky Mountain National Park!
- Estes Park, Colorado
- $12.56 - $13.61 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Enjoy the endless perks of the Rocky Mountain Living Package including housing in dormitory style rooms, utilities, internet, laundry, 3 meals per day/ 7 days per week, access to all YMCA of the Rockies facilities, free gear rentals for outdoor adventures, and so much more. To learn more about our employee perks, visit our Career Site at www.workintherockies.org."
The Staff Experience Activity Facilitator will work as part of a team to provide and enhance the seasonal staff and volunteer experience by ensuring a welcoming, supportive, and staff-centric environment from before their arrival until their departure. This includes creating and leading a wide variety of activities both on and off-site for all ages, building supportive relationships, assisting with staff and volunteer communications, and being a helpful and reliable resource to all staff and volunteers.
- Desire to work with, support, and assist a very diverse staff and volunteers of all ages, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Maintain professional and unbiased relationships with all staff members and volunteers.
- Possess an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters.
- Work varied hours and handle frequent interruptions as required by supervisor or staff needs
- Handle all situations with professionalism and tact.
- Provide a positive, knowledgeable, and supportive office environment that oversees the check-in experience for arriving staff and volunteers.
- Assist in pre-arrival and arrival communications as needed including phone calls, zoom meetings, and orientations.
- Work in Human Resource software to ensure accuracy and completion of all required employment documents.
- Ensure timely response to staff and volunteers concerning any needs.
- Work with the Staff Experience Coordinator to create, plan, and lead a wide variety of out-of-the-box activities, cultural events, YMCA sports leagues, and other opportunities for our staff and volunteers from young adults to seniors. To include both on, and off-site options and multi-day trips.
- Ability to fluently speak, read and write English.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and follow YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- A positive, responsive, and supportive staff-centric attitude
- Be comfortable speaking and presenting in groups of up to 200
- Bilingual preferred
- Possess computer skills and technical skills that allow you to work efficiently and effectively with the systems and processes used.
- Work responsibly without direct supervision and have strong organizational, judgment, and time management skills.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Support the Estes Park Center by assisting in other departments when needed based on business needs.