Learn the Non-Profit Hospitality Industry While Gaining Essential Life Skills!
Surrounded on three-sides by Rocky Mountain National Park!
- Granby, Colorado
- $13.06 - $14.61 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Aug 28, 2022)
Program Dates: August 28, 2022 – February 25, 2023
Participants who successfully complete our program will be eligible to stay on as YMCA employees for up to 2 additional months or apply for available full-time positions.
Program Cost: Free.
The DISCOVER Program at YMCA of the Rockies provides gap-year young adults (ages 18 - 21) with a variety of experiences designed to learn the non-profit hospitality industry while gaining essential life skills. The key components of this apprenticeship are work experience in hospitality (rotating through departments at YMCA of the Rockies), team building with other participants and staff from around the world, and life lessons not necessarily taught in higher education. DISCOVER participants ideally are recently graduated from high school and seeking job experience in their gap years while working in a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and supportive work environment.
Our 5,100 acre property is surrounded by over one million acres of National Forest and Wilderness Areas, making it an outdoor enthusiast’s playground. Our training sessions will incorporate outdoor activities to assist in facilitating the session in a fun experiential ways. In addition to the structured sessions, there are additional opportunities to receive CPR and Serve Safe certifications.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) apprenticeship, paying $13.06 per hour (up to $14.61 with applicable bonuses) with a deduction of $130.00 per week for the Rocky Mountain Living Package which includes all activities, trainings, housing, and meals. Travel assistance to Colorado may be available.
- Discover work week is 32-36 hours, remaining paid hours are for activities, trainings, and other education opportunities. Participants will be paid for 40 hours per week if they work their schedule and participate in all DISCOVER activities.
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free Wi-Fi, laundry, and utilities)
- 3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days a week with meals provided during outings
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include an indoor pool, gymnasium, chapel, fitness classes, tennis and pickle ball courts, Nordic Center, trails, archery, roller rink, library, and a craft shop.
- Free ski passes, recreation center passes, and golf passes
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor recreation.
- Employee programming including staff trips.
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges.
- Free in-town transportation