Apply for Year Round Housekeeping Director and help us create a welcoming environment for guests.
Located near Rocky Mountain National Park, the lake town of Grand Lake, and Winter Park Resort!
- Granby, Colorado
- $63,000.00 - $80,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a 5,100-acre, mission-based, family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 75,000 Guests annually. As the Housekeeping Director, you will be responsible for hiring and training staff, creating schedules, managing inventory of housekeeping and industrial laundry supplies, coordinating housekeeping needs for special events, weddings, conferences, and day-to-day operations, and work directly with housekeeping staff if the team is short-handed or to perform inspections of the team's work. The Housekeeping Director will work closely with related departments to ensure maximum guest satisfaction as well as be responsible for operational efficiencies and product standards.
- Lead, direct, and administer all housekeeping operations, this includes management via electronic systems, budgeting, forecasting, inventory control, general department management, and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, motivate, and evaluate the Housekeeping team of approximately 50 year-round and seasonal staff members.
- Strong organizational skills to plan and prioritize daily, weekly and seasonal workloads. Ability and skill to utilize the YMCA’s property management system in daily planning
- Monitoring employee attendance and productivity, and addressing any issues that arise.
- Resolve customer concerns and challenges as they pertain to housekeeping.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
YMCA of the Rockies Experience
When you work at YMCA of the Rockies, you become part of something bigger than yourself. This is a place where nature inspires and staff lead with heart. Our serene surroundings of Rocky Mountain National Park provide moments of bliss throughout our days and remind us how blessed we are to grow our careers in such a beautiful place. With over 225,000 annual guests, you will meet all walks of life and in return, live each day with a greater sense of purpose. The work you do here matters – help us serve our mission by playing an integral role in the operations of our organization.
Compensation Package and Benefits
This is a full-time, year-round, salary position paying $63,000-$80,000/yr with full benefits including:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous vacation/PTO
- Participation in the YMCA Retirement Fund (An additional 12% of your salary contributed into your retirement by the YMCA after 2 years of employment.)
- YMCA of the Rockies Family Membership
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for family and friends
- Childcare Assistance for Preschool, Day Camp, and After-School Programs
- View all year-round benefits and perks on our Career Site, www.workintherockies.org.
*Covid vaccine and booster required