Looking to get your foot in outdoor recreation field in Colorado? Join our Programs Department!
Located between Grand Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, and Winter Park Resort.
- Granby, Colorado
- $13.61 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (May 30, 2022)
Still looking for a summer job? Escape your hometown for the mountains of Colorado!
Position Summary: Activity Facilitators are responsible for leading family-oriented and group programs for members and guests of all ages. This includes sports, archery, outdoor nature activities, mini-golf clubhouse, roller rink, science experiments, climbing wall, games and other family programs. Additionally, Activity Facilitators will assist guests at the program registration desk. Free certifications available! Great position for those interested in getting into the recreation and outdoor industry, as well as those who are outdoor industry experts.
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
- Promote and assist in special event weekends and seasonal programming
- Use computer system to assist guests in signing up for activities, check out equipment, and check participant rosters
- Make change and balance cash boxes
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Lead guided hikes or snowshoe hikes dependent on season
- Operate and maintain safety at the ice skating rink and winter tubing hill in winter
- Operate and maintain safety at the summer tubing hill
- Assist at the Nordic Center in winter as needed
- Assist with the dog sledding program as needed
Employee Perks Package:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of 13.61/hour (based on 40 hours/week).
This position offers an all-inclusive living experience.
- Room (room in our staff dormitory with Wi-Fi, pay laundry facilities)
- Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Direct access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include:
- An indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop.
- Our facilities allow you to enjoy activities without having to break the bank!
- Full access to our Resident Life Office to make sure you have the best work and life experience at YMCA of the Rockies.
- Pay rate includes work completion bonus & appreciation fund.
This living cost is $200/week and will be deducted from your paycheck; no need to worry about writing checks on time each month.
Living on the property is a great way to meet and connect with your fellow coworkers and make friends. It gives you the opportunity to live next to and explore Rocky Mountain National Park.
The average rental including utilities & groceries in our area is $1600/month.
We have a Staff Experience Team here just for YOU and to help make the most out of your time at YMCA of the Rockies!
Your Staff Experience Team offers individual support to you as well as
- Onsight activities of interest that you help determine
- Weekly Ski trips
- Hikemaster lead hikes (At Estes Park Center)
- Trips into town
- Trips out of town
- Events - concerts, dinner theaters, seasonal activities, overnight trips
As a staff member of YMCA of the Rockies you will have access to all of our facilities, free gear rentals, free or discounted tickets to local attractions, discounts at local merchants, and the ability to sign up for free passes for skiing.
Our Diversity, Inclusion and Global Innovation Statement:
The YMCA of the Rockies will reach out to and welcome all people and organizations of goodwill and ensure that the rich gifts of diversity are reflected and respected at all levels.
How to Apply
Click Apply Now!