Connect kids to nature in Rocky Mountain National Park!
Surrounded on 3-sides by Rocky Mountain National Park; we are an outdoor enthusiasts dream.
- Estes Park, Colorado
- $12.81 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 2 months. (Mar 28, 2022)
If you're in the field of Outdoor Education, this is the job for you. Surrounded on 3-sides by Rocky Mountain National Park, Outdoor Education Instructors will teach outdoor education classes, lead team-building activities, facilitate climbing wall programs, perform organizational tasks, communicate with schools and school leaders, and assist in any project or task that better the Outdoor Education Program.
Dates: March 28, 2022 - June 10, 2022
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Participate in Outdoor Education training.
- Facilitate classes and follow curriculum when working with visiting school groups.
- Run climbing wall and low ropes programs for visiting groups and schools.
- Predict, prevent, identify and respond to safety issues
- Assist in program development and advancement
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Work in other departments or program areas as assigned
- Facilitate indoor and outdoor climbing wall
- Run Mountain Center front desk. Use computer system to assist guests in signing up for activities, check out equipment, check participant rosters, and provide general program information
- Uphold YMCA of the Rockies' commitment to being an anti-racist organization and work to ensure our programs, facilities, staff and guests are welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and equitable for all
Compensation: This is a seasonal, 12.81/hour (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free Wi-Fi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips like MLB games, rafting trips, and more provided by the Resident Office
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic Café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for family and friends
- Opportunity to live next to Rocky Mountain National Park
How to Apply
Click Apply Now!