Work with conferences, groups, and guests while enhancing your hospitality skills!
Located next to Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Lake, and a world class ski resort.
- Granby, Colorado
- $12.82 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Needed through October 2021. Room & Board agreements available.
Perfect position for someone taking classes online, a break from school, or for someone who wants to live in one of the most beautiful places in the country! Lake towns, ski towns, and Rocky Mountain National Park are right at your fingertips!
Position Summary: This position is a great fit for a candidate interested in working in a bustling, dynamic guest-service office setting. The Guest Services Associate will work with Conference and Front Desk staff to prepare for group and guest arrivals and departures, and will have ample opportunity to interact with guests and staff from all over the world. Associate will also assist with coordination, booking, scheduling, tours and administration of weddings and special events as needed.
YMCA of the Rockies Experience: When you work at YMCA of the Rockies, you become part of something bigger than yourself. You become a key player in helping cultivate an environment of healthy living, youth development, and community impact. As an employee at YMCA of the Rockies, you will meet all walks of life and live each day with a greater sense of purpose. You’ll learn to lead with heart and measure success by the impactful moments you’re able to create for guests, community members, and fellow staff. This is a place where nature inspires and quality time happens naturally. Our serene surroundings of Rocky Mountain National Park provide moments of tranquility throughout our days and remind us how lucky we are to grow our careers in such a beautiful and supportive workplace.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Assist group leaders and conference coordinators with pre-conference planning, and managing groups according to contracts upon arrival.
- Prepare check-in packets for arriving groups.
- Become proficient in the use of the reservation system.
- Act as a tactful liaison between group leaders/guests and all departments providing service to them (e.g., Conference, Front Desk, Food Service, Program, Housekeeping, Buildings & Grounds, etc.)
- Work with Front Desk to check groups and individual guests in and out.
- Assist couples with pre-wedding planning, managing weddings according to contracts, and post-wedding evaluating.
- Work under the supervision of the Director of Operations to collect and process event-related information, and assist the guests by answering questions they might have about their contracts, lodging and special needs requests.
Compensation: This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.82/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
- Room & Board Options Available
- Room (room in our staff dormitory with WiFi, pay laundry facilities)
- Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Our room & board package is a great opportunity to create a community, get to know your peers, and truly experience YMCA of the Rockies.
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free or discounted gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Free Nordic rentals
- Discounted downhill ski rentals at Snow Mountain Sports
- Free snowshoe rentals
Staff Safety Plan:
- YMCA of the Rockies staff are following social distancing requirements, wearing face coverings and gloves as mandated, telecommuting whenever possible, practicing appropriate personal hygiene, and passing a daily temperature and symptom assessment to ensure they remain home if sick.
- All public areas of YMCA of the Rockies buildings are deeply sanitized on a regular basis using hospital-grade EPA approved agents and virus eliminating chemicals. High-touch areas are sanitized multiple times per day with CDC-recommended cleaning materials.
The work you do here matters – Join us and help make the world a better place for you and the ones around you.