Are you passionate about working with youths in outdoor settings? This role includes room and board!
Come join Camp Marston for meaningful work, lifetime friendships and amazing memories in the mt.
- year round
- Julian, California
- up to $103.97 / day
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Looking for a fun job to build your leadership skills?
Are you passionate about working with youths in outdoor settings?
Are you 18 or older?
Includes room and board
GROW YOUR CAREER AT YMCA Camp Marston!
Come join Camp Marston for meaningful work, lifetime friendships and amazing memories in the mountains!
Outdoor Education runs from September through June
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Teach Outdoor Education and/or recreation programming
- Lead activities including (but not limited to) archery, field games, and the climbing tower with good teaching and leadership skills
- Employ good teaching and leadership techniques in providing quality instruction
- Take full responsibility for the program areas of camp or assigned activity, including developing rules and procedures, ensuring adequate program supplies and maintaining or improving equipment and facilities
- Follow all rules, operating procedures, and instructions, carry and use properly the necessary equipment during activities, know and follow established emergency procedures
- Ensure the safety and supervision of students and participants
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and have obtained high school diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree in education, recreation, related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Experience working with youth in Outdoor Education, Resident Camp, Day Camp or like setting preferred
- Certification or experience in the following preferred: climbing, camping, archery, hiking, biking, surfing, swimming, sailing kayaking and scuba diving
- Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills including: standing, hiking and/or climbing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to live on-site during program season
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR- must be from one of the following:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute