Ignite your Summer Adventure!
The YMCA of Northern Utah operates overnight resident camps as well as excursion based Day Camps. Camp activities are centered on the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and the goal of having FUN. Our dedicated staff take pride in helping children develop to their fullest potential.
Camp Roger and Camp Mill Hollow are located in the Uinta Mountains, in the Wasatch-Cache National Forest. Heber Day Camp and Park City Day Camp are framed by the Wasatch Range, bordered by Deer Valley and Park City Resort. Park City offers year-round outdoor recreation.
About YMCA of Northern Utah Camps
The YMCA of Northern Utah has multiple summer camp employment experiences to choose from. From a resident camp in the Uintah-Wasatch forest to day camps in and around the resort town of Park City, there is something for everyone!
For over 70 years, YMCA Camp Roger has created life-changing summer experiences for campers and staff. In addition to the traditional resident camp experience, we offer specialty camps that allow campers to grow in areas such a leadership development, horseback riding, and extreme sports! Founded in 1948, YMCA Camp Roger is the perfect opportunity to experience the magic of Utah's amazing natural resources and to make life long memories.
For over 60 years Mill Hollow has been THE environmental education center for Utah. YMCA Mill Hollow carries forward that rich tradition of summer camp: skits, songs, campfires, S’mores, arts and crafts, hiking, and so much more while staff and campers alike connect with the natural sciences through outdoor education and exploration.
In addition to our resident camp experiences at Mill Hollow and Camp Roger, the YMCA of Northern Utah also employs Day Camp counselors at our excursion based day camps in Heber City and Park City, Utah. Spend your days exploring in the Utah mountains and playing near the Salt Lake City area - the best of both worlds!
The Employee Experience
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with YOU!
The YMCA provides a fun, safe, and caring environment where you can build your career. Reach your greatest potential with the YMCA of Northern Utah!
Apply your experience, knowledge, creativity, and energy to discover new talents within yourself as you make a difference in the community around you. The YMCA fosters an environment built upon teamwork, staff development, and community. Our camp staff are hand-picked because of their strong character and dedication to making sure camp is an amazing experience for every camper. We are searching for adventurous camp staff with the following qualifications:
- Must love kids and adventure! The desire to make a difference in our campers' lives is essential!
- Minimum 18 years of age; some positions require 21 years of age.
- Knowledge of safety practices is imperative!
- Possess enthusiasm, sense of humor, integrity, flexibility, and patience.
- Must model the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Ability to function in a rustic setting.
- Must obtain or be willing to become certified in First Aid/CPR.
- Must pass Childcare Licensing background check prior to employment
- Must LOVE camp, outdoor recreation, and FUN!
Room and Board
Housing and meals are provided at our resident camps. Day camp staff who are not local to the Utah area are also provided housing and meals at one of our resident camps. Who doesn't love camp food?!
We firmly believe that camping helps to teach self-reliance, a love for nature and the outdoors, and supports the development of attitudes and practices that build character and leadership—all amidst the fun of campfires, traditions, and meaningful relationships! What could be better, right? The best perks of working at summer camp are the memories you'll make and the friendships that will last a lifetime!
Getting Here and Getting Around
Nearest airport: SLC International Airport - We pick up employees from the airport!
For those driving to camp, YMCA Camp Roger is located in Soapstone Basin, east of Kamas on Highway 150 (Mirror Lake Highway)
- From Salt Lake City, take I-80 east past Park City
- Exit 146 on to US 40 to Heber
- Go approximately 4-5 miles toward Heber on US 40
- Take Exit 4 to Park City ⁄ Kamas and turn left toward Kamas, 11 miles
- Once in Kamas, turn left at the first stoplight
- At the NEXT stoplight, turn right on to Highway 150 toward Mirror Lake
- Travel along Highway 150 for 14.5 miles until you reach Soapstone Basin
- Turn right, go across the bridge and keep following the dirt road until you see the sign for YMCA Camp Roger on your left.
- Follow the sign into camp. You made it! Ready, Set, CAMP!
It's Utah - the ultimate mecca for outdoor adventure! Our camps are located in a hot spot - surrounded by everything you need to have a wild time in the great outdoors, and less than an hour from Salt Lake City for everything else!
On their days off, you might find our staff hiking, fishing, biking, visiting Deer Valley or Park City resort, or exploring downtown Salt Lake.