Seasonal employment in the Heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains!
Live, Work and Play in the Mountains!
Soak up the cool mountain air amidst a picturesque 1,200 acre forested campus. Come explore the Blue Ridge mountains and the Asheville music scene. Make lifelong friends and memories. Earn money for college and beyond. Grow as a leader. Find your way. That’s the Blue Ridge experience!
Located in in the heart of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina in Black Mountain
Jobs in the Spotlight
About YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly
YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly was founded over 100 years ago as a conference center and mountain getaway, but also with a vision to be a leadership training center. Our collegiate leadership program continues this legacy of developing leaders by furnishing valuable work and internship opportunities to college students, recent graduates and those still searching for their path.
Working at Blue Ridge means making a greater contribution. Our staff from all walks of life and in every department are the heartbeat of what we do: impacting the lives of our guests, developing the youth we serve, and building community with one another. In addition to living out our mission each day at work, staff have the opportunity to enjoy life on campus via various social events and outings. Staff trips to local area attractions including the historic Biltmore Estate and downtown Asheville occur regularly, and campfires, movies, game nights, pool parties and outdoor recreational trips are an essential part of the Blue Ridge summer staff experience.
The Blue Ridge spirit captures those who seek a community to call their own. It lifts up those for whom friendship, fun and outdoor exploration are a way of life. And through our vibrant international cultural exchange program, the bonds of friendship and community stretch across all corners of the globe. We seek:
- Bright, motivated and passionate individuals who thrive in leadership positions.
- Service-minded people exploring a career in hospitality.
- Outgoing personalities who want to live for the moment and be a part of a community that welcomes all.
- Outdoor enthusiasts who are inspired by fresh air, cool breezes, mountain landscapes and bountiful trails and streams right outside their backdoor.
Room and Board
Younts Hall is our staff residence hall during the Fall, Winter and Spring. It offers furnished rooms, WiFi, and ample common areas including a fully equipped kitchen and dining room.
The staff meal plan is buffet-style. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided for all staff whenever our guests are being served, and a variety of healthy options, including fresh fruit and a deluxe salad bar, are available at every meal.
• Opportunity to live and work with other young people from around the world and make valuable connections and friendships
• Time to enjoy life in the mountains
• Competitive hourly pay
• International ambassadorship opportunities
• Free college credit course (optional)
• Social events and trips including whitewater rafting, the Blue Ridge Parkway and more
• Free WiFi in dorm rooms
• Driving distance to the Asheville social scene
Getting Here and Getting Around
YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly is located 20 minutes from historic downtown Asheville, and less than 40 minutes from the Asheville Regional Airport. We provide free transportation to and from the airport or bus station. You will not need a vehicle on campus, as resident housing and working facilities are all within walking distance, but those who have vehicles are encouraged to bring them for social and other outings. For those without personal transportation, our resident life coordinators are always available to offer or organize rides.
In addition to being conveniently located near the city of Asheville and the renowned Biltmore Estate, we are less than 15 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway and within driving distance to beautiful natural landscapes including Pisgah National Forest and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
• Swimming and pool parties
• Volleyball, ultimate frisbee, soccer, kickball, basketball
• Open Crafts
• Disc golf
• Staff barbecues
• Whitewater rafting trips
• Biltmore Estate nearby
• Historic downtown Asheville
• Waterfalls through the local area
• The Blue Ridge Parkway