The world's first National Park welcomes you to Wonderland (Room and Board Provided!)
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we work hard, share a passion for the environment, and create memorable experiences for our guests. We offer seasonal and year-round positions in guest services, housekeeping, food & beverage, and more. Wouldn’t you love to join the team and experience what many people describe as “the best job” of their life?
Yellowstone National Park is located in the northwest corner of Wyoming
About Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We embrace a “Naturally Different” lifestyle: living, working, and exploring one of the most unique places on earth. As the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone we run 31 restaurants, 9 lodging facilities, and 5 campgrounds throughout the park (see map at right). We hire about 2,700 people each season, which runs from April until the end of October.
Yellowstone National Park Lodges is also a part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
The Employee Experience
“Working in Yellowstone changed my life” is a common phrase you’ll hear from our employees. It’s about a lifestyle, not just a job.
Live with a community of like-minded individuals from all walks of life. You’ll develop close, lifelong friendships and go on countless adventures in your new backyard.
Work in an atmosphere where you’ll learn new skills, develop a strong work ethic, meet people from around the world, and grow (both personally and professionally). And if you decide you want to continue the lifestyle, we can help you advance in Yellowstone and the Xanterra Travel Collection family.
Explore 2.2 million acres filled with some of the greatest natural wonders in the world. No matter your interest or level or outdoor expertise/knowledge, there is something for everyone here and we’ll help connect you with the many ways you can explore Yellowstone!
Want insight on being Naturally Different? Our most successful employees have several things in common:
An adventurous nature
- One of the bragging rights of working in a National Park is you get to say “I live where you vacation!” Through your many adventures, you’ll develop pride in being an ambassador of Yellowstone.
A desire for community
- You’ll find a sense of belonging living in a community and make lifelong friendships. Your friends, co-workers, and neighbors come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Be prepared to have a roommate in a dorm and eat in a cafeteria-style setting.
A strong work ethic
- From Memorial Day through Labor Day, the number of visitors and tour groups increases dramatically. Be ready to work in a fast-paced environment.
A positive, contagious attitude
- Prior experience is not the most important thing and most entry-level positions do not need prior experience. Rather, we are looking for people with outstanding customer service skills and an adventurous spirit.
- Able to embrace life without constant phone and internet connectivity.
- If you need regular access to the internet, Yellowstone may not be a good fit for you.
- Ideally, we’d love to have employees who can work our entire season (mid-April through late October), but we are also looking to fill a number of positions for shorter durations (either early or late in the season).
Does this sound like you? Living and working in Yellowstone is not for everyone but for those candidates seeking a simpler way of life, it is a perfect landing spot.
Room and Board
Not only can you work at the World’s First National Park, but you can live here as well!
- Employees live on site in dormitories. Each housing option varies across locations, some are new, others historical. Limited housing for married couples is available.
- We also offer RV spaces (limited).
- 3 all-you-can-eat meals a day in the Employee Dining Room.
Payment for housing and meals is a payroll deduction from bi-weekly paychecks. This low-cost deduction covers your dorm room and all associated utilities including limited Wi-Fi and the cost of using our in-house laundry facilities. More information is on our website.
In Yellowstone, the options for spending money are few and the options for exploration are limitless. We encourage team members to experience all that Yellowstone has to offer:
- Fresh air, breathtaking views, and clear night skies
- World-class wildlife viewing of bison, elk, moose, wolves, bears, and more
- Approximately 500 Geysers (the largest concentration in the world)
- Hot Springs, including Grand Prismatic, the third largest in the world
- Working and living with people of all ages, from all over the country and world
- Employee discounts in and around Yellowstone
- Access to unlimited maintained campgrounds and backcountry campsites inside and around the park
- Over 1,000 miles of hiking trails inside the park itself, intramural sports teams and games
- Opportunities for guided employee tours and hikes in Yellowstone
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Living in our nation’s first National Park
Getting Here and Getting Around
For employees arriving via bus or plane, we offer transportation from Bozeman, Montana. Our bus service picks you up and brings you right to Yellowstone for check-in day in Gardiner, MT and again at the end of your agreement. Once at your new home, housing, meals, rec halls, and your workplace are all located within walking distance. You are responsible for your own transportation to and from Bozeman, MT. A personal vehicle is not necessary, though is helpful to access the Park and surrounding areas during your off time.
A job in Yellowstone is special partly because of the naturally different lifestyle it provides. Our employees have opportunities to hike, bike, climb, camp, and explore 2.2 million acres in the world’s first national park. Millions of people travel here from all over the world. Most visitors just get to spend a few days here. Come work with us and you’ll get to spend a whole season living here.
The Yellowstone Co-Op Employee Recreation Program (YCERP) is the largest and most diverse employee recreation program in any national park. We aim to keep you as busy as you'd like. Hiking, biking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, taking in an educational program, joining in a film series, sports competitions, talent shows and more ...... it's nonstop adventure in Yellowstone! YCERP also has summer seasonal jobs available! Apply at http://ycerp.org/jobs/.
The park is generally rustic and remote. Because of that, we have fewer of the conveniences you may be used to. The closest “large” cities are two or more hours away and include Cody or Jackson Wyoming, Livingston, Bozeman or Red Lodge Montana or Idaho Falls, Idaho.