Giddy Up! Head Wrangler in Yellowstone 🐴
World's First National Park
- year round
- Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming and Gardiner, Montana
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The manager position for the horse operation at Yellowstone National Park is a full-time year-round position leading one of the most iconic guest horse operations in the country. The position is responsible for all aspects of the Xanterra Horse Operations including but not limited to trail rides, stagecoach and wagon rides, horse and supply procurement, horse care, tack equipment and facilities maintenance, and customer relations. Most importantly, this position will be responsible for running a safe operation for guests, employees, and animals.
- Ensure compliance of assigned corral with all regulatory and company safety, health, emergency, and environmental initiatives and procedures.
- Directly implements and embodies the Horse Department Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure proper horse care and management including daily inspection processes for all horses, corral, related facilities, and tack
- Ensure documentation of all required horse department logs, tags, reports, requests, and follow-up
- Assists in staff interviews and selection. Directly responsible for training wranglers to properly uphold department standards, safety protocols and guest experience expectations.
- Leads wranglers through personal example in attitude and actions. Maintains and projects a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ensure all employees receive informal feedback from their supervisor on a regular basis and written evaluations, periodically.
- Monitors corrals budget including labor and expenses.
- Has ongoing communication with horse department manager, human resources, risk management, operations location management.
- Working experience in a commercial trail rides program
- Thorough knowledge of tack, trail, corral repair and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of horsemanship and commercial trail riding
- Thorough knowledge of and harnessing and driving teams for commercial horse drawn vehicle rides* Required for Roosevelt Corral Head Wrangler preferred at both corrals for this job.
- Previous experience managing wranglers.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Wrangler and Driver functions.
- Understanding or ability to learn the natural, cultural, and geologic history of Yellowstone National Park with the ability to organize it into an understandable, friendly delivery to guests.
- CPR and First Aid certification, or willingness to be certified, required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record the past three years
How to Apply
Are you ready to live, work, and explore in Yellowstone!? For more information and to answer any other questions, visit our website or contact us.
If you’re ready to apply now, click the link below to fill out an application!