Opportunity to work with one of the Country’s largest private horse herds!
Located at Teton Village ski resort in Jackson Hole Wyoming
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (May 01, 2022)
Yellowstone Horse rentals and Teton Village Trail Rides is looking for Wranglers for the upcoming 2022 season. We are the country’s largest horse stock contracting company. We provide horses to most of the West's guest ranches, national parks, riding stables, and outfitters. On top of providing quality horses to other riding companies, we also operate Teton Village Trail Rides in Jackson Hole, WY. We are searching for wranglers for the 2022 season, and the primary responsibilities are taking guests on 1 and 2 hour rides at Teton Village ski resort. Because we are a multifaceted company that goes in a lot of different directions we look for staff members that are flexible in helping with all aspects of our operation.
Normal daily responsibilities:
- Wrangling in Horses from pasture
- Saddling guest horses to prepare for morning rides
- Preparing horses for the rides
- Loading guests safely on their horses
- Providing guests with safety overview, and brief riding instruction
- Leading and managing guest on safe, engaging trail rides throughout the day.
- Untacking horses at end of the day
- Wrangling horses out, feeding hay to wrangle horses
- Cleaning and maintaining corral, checking waters throughout the day
- Assisting with wagon rides, driving if experienced.
We are not a guest ranch, but a riding stable so we take a lot of people out a day and a variety pack of different people which provides our wranglers with an opportunity to make a lot more money through the season. Our wranglers keep all of their tips on top of their base monthly wage, and we encourage guests “if you liked your ride, tip your guide.” A typical tip day can be anywhere from $20-400 a day in cash and averages from $80-150. Which gives you control over how much money you make. If you work to make your guests have a great ride, the more money you have in your pocket.
Housing is provided.
In the spring and fall months, we have different opportunities for those that fit the bill. Including topping off horses, delivering and picking up horses, getting hunter horses ready, sorting horses, helping the shoers, leatherwork, fencing.
- Horse experience (don’t have to be a bronc stomper, but be comfortable managing your horse while also managing the guests on theirs)
- 18 or older
- General horse health knowledge
- Comfortable will western horse tack, its fit, and purpose.
- Good work ethic - we work long hours and days.
How to Apply
Please Email Nick.email@example.com with your resume and an overview of your riding and work experience.
Please a video of you riding to help us understand your riding level.