Retail Park Store Associate - Winter Old Faithful
$13.00 / hourApply Now
The Park Store Associate is a critical role in the daily operation of Yellowstone Forever Park stores at visitor centers and contact stations throughout the Greater Yellowstone National Park Area. The associate represents “the face” of the organization by working on the front lines and often in partnership with naturalist rangers from the National Park Service. Associates assist and engage visitors with purchases of educational products, explain our supporter program and recruit new members, and help answer visitor questions about Yellowstone National Park. Success in this position requires outstanding visitor/customer service skills and a passion for Yellowstone National Park and its preservation, and sharing that passion with others.
Additional information on location:
Applicant's should be willing and prepared to spend the winter season deep in the interior of Yellowstone National Park at Old Faithful. Daylight hours are shorter in the winter months guaranteeing cold temperatures for the majority of your time outside while in Yellowstone. Travel in the winter months to reach Old Faithful is limited and via over-the-snow travel (snowcoach and snowmobile). Limited access to supplies and amenities exist. Typically travel out of Old faithful area is infrequent and supplies are restocked via travel to West Yellowstone, MT.
Housing available: Our housing for employees are private/and multi-bedroom apartments located a short distance away from the Visitor Center in the employee housing area, not in the dormitories. Rent is paid via payroll deduction.
Full Job Description:
Position: Retail Park Store Associate
Location: Old Faithful store inside the Old Faithful Visitor Center
Reports To: Retail Store Lead
Status: Full-Time / Seasonal (December - March) / Non-Exempt
Yellowstone Forever (YF) is the official nonprofit partner of Yellowstone National Park. Our mission is to protect, preserve, and enhance Yellowstone National Park through education and philanthropy. YF connects people to Yellowstone through outstanding visitor experiences and educational programs and translates those experiences into lifelong support of the park and philanthropic investment in its future. Our educational programming and products help people enhance their understanding and appreciation of the wildlife, natural wonders, and cultural history of the park. YF’s operations include Park Stores in and around Yellowstone; the Yellowstone Forever Institute, which offers in-depth educational programing for people of all ages; and a supporter program which raises funds for priority park projects.
- Actively greet visitors and be familiar with all merchandise in order to assist customers in making purchases
- Actively promote Yellowstone Forever’s supporter program and encourage visitors to participate by offering the opportunity to join to as many customers as possible
- Become an advocate for Yellowstone Forever Institute and the classes and course offerings and promote them to our customers and supporters
- Ring up sales using a Point of Sale (POS) computer system
- Be comfortable with technology and problem solving to provide superior customer service
- Complete daily cash reports
- Respond to questions about the park by providing accurate information or, when necessary, referring the visitor to another source
- Stock and clean the store and keep it held to the highest presentation standards
- Work collaboratively with staff across the organization and cooperating partners
- Represent Yellowstone Forever and its mission accurately and positively
- Foster a collaborative, team-oriented environment with YF employees, volunteers and partners
- Travel into Yellowstone, throughout the Greater Yellowstone area and other, as required
- Other tasks as assigned by Park Store Lead and Retail Operations Manager, or other designated leadership
- Have a passion for creating and delivering a superior customer experience
- Work collaboratively within the Yellowstone Forever organization to ensure that operations within the store are carried out in accordance with Yellowstone Forever’s procedures and standards
- Actively greet customers and be familiar with all merchandise in order to assist customers in making purchases
- High school graduation or G.E.D.
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Proficiency in using computers and internet applications
- Ability to proficiently use a cash register and adding machine
- Ability to accurately handle cash and complete daily closing reports
- Ability to work at elevations approaching 8,000 feet
- Strong commitment to the mission of Yellowstone Forever
- Ability to sometimes work a flexible schedule, which may include nights and weekends when needed
- Ability to lift boxes/equipment weighing up to 40 pounds (with support of lift equipment)
- Ability to represent YF in a courteous and professional manner
- This position involves driving YF vehicles, therefore applicants must hold and maintain a valid US driver’s license, and maintain a favorable driving record for insurance purposes
- A satisfactory criminal background check are conditions of employment
- POS and retail experience
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
- Knowledge of Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone Forever is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all applicable local, state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, political beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.