Yellowstone Club is looking for a Head Bread Baker!
Yellowstone Club is the only ski and golf resort in the world!
- year round
- Big Sky, Montana
- $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Nov 15, 2023)
Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
Yellowstone Club’s Culinary department is currently seeking candidates for a Head Bread Baker. The position offered is a full-time, year round position located in Big Sky, MT. The purpose of the Head Bread Baker is to manage all the aspects of the pastry department.
You are seeking one of most sought-after positions on the culinary team. You have proven yourself as a skilled artisan and have made great strides in becoming an effective leader of a team. Your quick decision-making skills and calm demeanor have helped you rise through the ranks of the kitchen and/or bake shop . Your team respects you for your seamless execution of baking techniques and your willingness to be a mentor & role model. At the same time, you understand the dynamics of running an independent bakery while still being connected to a larger overall operation. You have a sense of your P & L and manage your kitchen finances as if they were your own personal finances. Your trusting relationship and communication with the General Manager of the restaurant is a shining example for the rest of the team to follow.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to work overnight shift
- Ensure ongoing management, training and development of bake shop employees
- Manage delivery logistics of bakery products to all restaurant outlets
- Work with the Executive Pastry Chef, Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef to help create and implement the baking program. Core process listed below:
- Viennoiserie (croissants, danish, puff pastry)
- Sourdough (naturally leavened breads, high hydration doughs)
- Baguettes ( mix, shape and bake)
- Donuts (Multiple varieties, including cake and some GF)
- Quick breads (muffins, coffee cakes)
- Oversee the bakeshop team including but not limited to, training, performance management, and development.
- Work collaboratively with other managers and staff to create memorable dining experiences for members and guests.
- Monitor quality of all baked goods and presentation.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the bake shop & bakery production areas.
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
- Develop proper training and direction of outlet assignments in compliance with company standards of quality, specifications, portion control, recipes, employee relations, sanitation, etc.
- Always display & abide by the 6 tenants of Montana hospitality: Meet & Greet, Keep it Neat, Own It, Lead the Way, You Can Do It & Smile.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction.
- Always display hospitality and professionalism to our members.
- Take pride in representing Yellowstone Club professionally with our members
- Assure that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and apply all property safety and security procedures.
- In the event of an accident or emergency, seek medical attention if necessary and contact the General Manager or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a positive working environment.
- Certificate in culinary arts or relevant field
- 6+ years as a line cook; 3+ years of staff management experience or equivalent;
- Comprehensive knowledge of world class hospitality and service management.
Yellowstone Club offers great benefits! Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth.
Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including:
- Free transportation to and from Bozeman
- Complimentary shift meals
- Two employee ski days at the Yellowstone Club each month
- Discounted Ski Pass to either Big Sky Resort or Bridger Bowl
- 401k eligibility and bi-weekly match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Access to onsite fitness center 24/7
- Discounted Employee Housing in Big Sky or Bozeman
- Discounts to over 1000 retailers through ADP LifeMart
- End of season employee appreciation day and retail sale
- Access to Employee Store in Bozeman