Yellowstone Club is looking for an Executive Chef!
Yellowstone Club is the only ski and golf resort in the world!
- year round
- Big Sky, Montana
- $135,000.00 - $145,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Nov 01, 2023)
The purpose of the Executive Chef is lead our dynamic culinary team with a focus on creativity, consistent execution, financial acumen, and impeccable communication skills across all our restaurants. As our Executive Chef, you will be at the helm of leading day to day operations and overseeing the YC culinary experience across the YC restaurant portfolio of concepts. In this operational role, you will ensure our members and guests have an exceptional culinary experience through a modern and contemporary approach to culinary arts. Most importantly, you will craft and nurture a first-in-class team of talented, forward-thinking professionals that challenge industry norms, create opportunities & deliver the very best products and experiences available in the restaurant industry today.
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state and local food handling regulations
- Ensure that each Member and guest receives outstanding service in a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Member and guest, maintaining outstanding service standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Empowered to guarantee total Member satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our Members at all times, take pride in representing Yellowstone Club professionally with our Members and guests and assure that all transactions are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for team members, Members, and guests at all times.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all Yellowstone Club team members to foster “Montana Hospitality”, and to promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive and launch consistent execution of YC culinary standards through quality control, process and procedures while utilizing existing and newly developed reporting tools.
- Create an environment that inspires innovation and consistent execution while addressing the needs of the business.
- Be recognized as a Culinary business professional with an insatiable appetite for culinary innovation and menu development, always staying ahead of culinary trends.
- Directly and indirectly manage the CDC’s and sous chefs with the goal of enhancing professional development, and personal growth.
- Developing unique and cuisine-appropriate menus
- Collaborating with the Vice President of Food & Beverage and the Director of Culinary to set item pricing in accordance with department budget.
- Be able to articulate the story of the Yellowstone Club, specifically the culinary program, to new recruits and culinary talent on an ongoing basis.
- Assisting and directing kitchen staff in meal preparation, creation, plating, and delivery
- Manage and lead multiple projects in parallel with day-to-day operations.
- Prioritize culinary objectives and constantly evolve to adapt and scale culinary initiatives for an ever-changing growth positioning.
- Is an effective presenter one-on-one, in small and large groups, with a variety of audiences. Command’s attention and can manage group discussions. Writes clearly and concisely. Adjusts messages to fit the audience. Listens openly, challenges ideas respectfully.
- Serve as a culinary expert and strategist, continuously educating team members on the latest menu trends, and positioning YC Culinary as a visionary leader in the club and hospitality segments.
- Exercise entrepreneurial thought and implement strategies that look beyond the horizon to stay ahead of the industry.
- Create and/or support the vision and goals for a first-in-class culinary department through establishing and executing processes and protocols for all areas of culinary.
- Define clear culinary objectives and deploy a data-driven strategy that will drive growth by increasing the frequency and loyalty of existing members while attracting new leads.
- Lead menu and recipe development designed to positively impact our customer experience.
- Collaborate across the upper levels of the organization to identify needs and develop scalable solutions.
- Partner with Purchasing Supply to ensure local and national sourcing adheres to YC culinary quality standards.
- Partner with Purchasing Supply to identify the best vendors for our partnerships.
- Represent the culinary department at the senior leadership level and be recognized as the go-to expert on culinary development.
- Minimum of 5+ years of Enterprise/Resort Culinary leadership experience with a professional reputation for consistency & innovation.
- Demonstrated perseverance when faced with challenges and a commitment to the highest standards in the industry.
- Strong fiscal performance tracking skills & operations mindset.
- Highly persuasive leader, and a natural relationship builder with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and negotiating skills.
- Ability to command respect through leadership presence and professional maturity.
- Executive-level presentation skills and ability to handle high-level internal and external communications.
- Proven experience utilizing data from multiple sources to drive clear culinary objectives.
- Proven leadership experience, with keen self-awareness and the ability to lead by example.
- Impeccable judgment and ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic setting.
- High level of proficiency with culinary systems, programs & digital tools.
This is a Full-Time Year-Round position located in Big Sky, Montana.
Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including:
- Free transportation to and from Bozeman
- Complimentary shift meals
- Two employee ski days at the Yellowstone Club each month
- Discounted Ski Pass to either Big Sky Resort or Bridger Bowl
- 401k eligibility and bi-weekly match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Access to onsite fitness center 24/7
- Discounted Employee Housing in Big Sky or Bozeman
- Discounts to over 1000 retailers through ADP LifeMart
- End of season employee appreciation day and retail sale
- Access to Employee Store in Bozeman
For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.