Work in beautiful Big Sky, Montana
Yellowstone Club is Paradise in Montana
- year round
- Big Sky, Montana
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
Purpose: The purpose of the Snowcat Maintenance Supervisor is to coordinate and direct subordinate snowcat and small engine mechanics of all levels. The employee facilitates the diagnosis of difficult repair problems and supervises all aspects of the snowcat and small engine repair and maintenance including but not limited to diesel engines, electrical, hydraulic, hydrostatic, welding, and fabrication.
- Ensure that each Member and guest receives outstanding service in a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Member and guest, maintaining outstanding service standards, solid product knowledge, and all other components of guest service.
- Empowered to guarantee total Member satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our Members at all times, take pride in representing Yellowstone Club professionally with our Members and guests, and assure that all transactions are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for team members, Members, and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, seek medical attention if necessary and contact the Assistant General Manager or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all Yellowstone Club team members to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Assists the Manager in selecting and assigning staff, assuring equal opportunity in hiring and promotion.
- Coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Evaluate and verify employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and techniques.
- Troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic, hydrostatic, diesel engine, gearbox, and any other mechanical malfunction, and be able to make repairs with speed and accuracy.
- Responsible for the operation, coordination, and quality control of the shop.
- Maintain records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence relative to the work.
- Ensure proper labor relations and conditions of employment are maintained.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established Club policies, procedures, and standards of service to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Meet departmental productivity, organization, punctuality/attendance, and consistency standards.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Treat Members, guests, vendors, customers, and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
- Maintain the privacy of our Members at all times.
- Always maintain a clean and neat appearance.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all employees, supervisors, managers, and directors.
- Perform work in a safe and high-quality manner.
- Project a favorable image of Yellowstone Club to Members and guests at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays. Long hours may be required due to business demands.
- Oversee the inventory of supplies, and purchase supplies, and parts, while keeping department expenditures within budget guidelines.
- Evaluation of equipment in need of repair.
- Enforces operational, maintenance, and safety rules.
- Adheres to and enforces all company policies as written in The Employee Information Guide.
- Reviews periodically each employee’s progress within the department with the Manager.
- Pursues proficiency in all aspects of managing skills.
- Motivates, trains, develops, disciplines, and evaluates all personnel in the Snowcat Maintenance Department.
- Attend all necessary training seminars and workshops pertaining to the job description.
- Evaluate the performance of grooming equipment and ensure safe and efficient conditions for operation.
- Train mechanics in the area of safety practices and procedures.
- Maintain safety procedures.
- Review periodically each employee’s progress within the department with the manager.
- Operate all Yellowstone Club motor vehicles, equipment, and snowmobiles for safe and efficient transportation and work needs.
- Notify manager of any problems.
- Housekeeping to maintain building and facility at a professional level.
- Use good judgment.
- Complete all tasks assigned consistently and promptly.
- Be punctual, dependable and pay attention to details.
- Pursue proficiency in all aspects of supervisory skills.
- Maintain effective communication to ensure effective inter-departmental relations to ensure a harmonious mountain operation for members, guests, and employees.
- Comply with all Yellowstone Club policies and procedures and assure that all subordinate employees do the same.
- Perform all related duties as assigned.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties, work hours and/or responsibilities for this job at any time.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training, or job-related coursework required.
- Six (6) years of previous experience as a snowcat/vehicle mechanic preferred.
- Two (2) years of management and/or supervisory experience preferred.
- Some coursework in auto and equipment mechanics at any trade school.
- Must have own hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic tools to perform assigned duties and make all necessary repairs.
- Must have the ability to work as a team to ensure a positive ski experience for the member/guest.
- Must possess a valid Montana driver’s license.
Certificates & Licenses
Valid State Driver’s License
Able to speak clearly and effectively with Members, guests, co-workers, vendors, and other Yellowstone Club departments. Able to write clearly and legibly.
Able to perform basic math calculations.
Ability to solve basic problems and/or know when it is necessary to get a manager to assist in problem-solving.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind, snow or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 30 pounds and constantly required to talk and/or hear. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to handle or lift items. The employee is constantly required to stand and walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as but not limited to: visually watching guests, inspecting equipment and doing maintenance, watching for hazards and safety violations, and maintaining a clean, clear platform. The employee is constantly exposed to sound and noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable without hearing protection.
Receipt and Acknowledgment
I acknowledge and understand that:
- The job description provides a general summary of the position in which I am employed. The contents of this job description are job requirements, and, at this time, I know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with or without accommodation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor if at any time I am unable to perform these functions.
- Job duties, tasks, work hours, and work requirements may be changed at any time due to business demands, by the Club.
- Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job responsibilities as well as compliance with the policies, procedures, rules, and regulations of Yellowstone Club.
- I have read and understand this job description as outlined herein. I have been allowed to ask questions in order to clarify any points listed on this job description.
Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including:
- Free transportation options to and from Bozeman.
- Complimentary shift meals.
- Two employee ski days at the Yellowstone Club each month.
- Discounted Ski Pass to either Big Sky Resort or Bridger Bowl.
- Medical, Dental, and vision insurance.
- 401k eligibility and bi-weekly match.
- Discounted Employee Housing in Big Sky or Bozeman.
- Discounts to over 1000 retailers through ADP LifeMart.
- End of season employee appreciation day and access to the employee retail store.