Yellowstone Club is hiring Sommeliers!
Yellowstone Club is the world’s only private, members-only ski and golf community.
- Big Sky, Montana
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Nov 15, 2022)
Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
Yellowstone Club’s Food & Beverage department is currently seeking candidates for a Sommelier.
The purpose of the Sommelier is to provide food, wine, and beer service to Members and guests with a focus on excellence, consistency and the Member/guest experience.
- Ensure that each member and guest receives outstanding guest service in a guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every member and guest, maintaining outstanding service standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing Yellowstone Club professionally with our members and guests and assure that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees, members, and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, seek medical attention if necessary and contact the General Manager or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a positive working environment.
- Assist in promoting Wine sales.
- Support Beverage & Sommelier Manager in the Sommelier program.
- Ensure that beverage stocks in bars and outlets are used, stored, and accounted for.
- Provide prompt, attentive and courteous service to every Member and guest in the assigned outlet.
- Recommend and suggest beverages when Members or guests ask for assistance in selecting.
- Provide wine recommendations and selection for perfect pairing with their food order.
- Ensure that drinks are served with the property furnishes and in the correct glassware.
- Assist Beverage & Sommelier Manager in the ordering, receiving, inventory, organization, and selling of wine and beer.
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work
- 3-5 years of beer, classic wine service, beverage selection knowledge and experience; 3 years minimum of floor service.
- Preferred course work through Society of Wine Educators, The Court of Master Sommeliers, and/or the Wine and Spirits Education Trust; Previous experience working in a resort or club
- Competency of Microsoft Office systems, knowledge of Jonas POS
Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including:
- Free transportation to and from Bozeman
- Complimentary shift meals
- Two employee ski days at the Yellowstone Club each month
- Discounted Ski Pass to either Big Sky Resort or Bridger Bowl
- Apex Medical Benefits for all Seasonal Employees
- 401k eligibility and bi-weekly match
- Access to onsite fitness center 24/7
- Discounted Employee Housing in Big Sky or Bozeman
- Discounts to over 1000 retailers through ADP LifeMart
- End of season employee appreciation day and retail sale
For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.
The position offered is a full-time, seasonal position located in Big Sky, Montana.
Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including free public transportation from Bozeman to the Club upon hire and a complimentary meal each shift. Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth. For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.