Yellowstone Club is hiring Sous Chefs!
Yellowstone Club is the world’s only private, members-only ski and golf community.
- Big Sky, Montana
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Nov 15, 2022)
Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
Yellowstone Club’s Culinary department is currently seeking candidates for a Sous Chef for the upcoming Winter season! Our Winter employment dates are November 15th- April 23rd.
The purpose of the Sous Chef is to assist in the culinary management and food creation of an assigned restaurant outlet.
- Ensure that each member and guest receives outstanding guest service in a guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every member and guest, maintaining outstanding service standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing Yellowstone Club professionally with our members and guests and assure that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees, members, and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, seek medical attention if necessary and contact the General Manager or Human Resources immediately.
- Certificate in culinary arts or relevant field; 6+ years’ experience as a Cook/Line Cook in a resort or club setting; Highly proficient in regional American cuisine; Knowledge of world class hospitality and service management; Proven ability to lead and manage a culinary team.
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and staff by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Improve service by communicating and assisting to understand Member and guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Assist Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine with all kitchen operations and preparation.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Develop, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Assist in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Work to continually improve Member and guest dining satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
The position offered is a seasonal position located in Big Sky, Montana.
Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including:
- Free transportation to and from Bozeman
- Complimentary shift meals
- Two employee ski days at the Yellowstone Club each month
- Discounted Ski Pass to either Big Sky Resort or Bridger Bowl
- Apex Medical Benefits for all Seasonal Employees
- 401k eligibility and bi-weekly match
- Access to onsite fitness center 24/7
- Discounted Employee Housing in Big Sky or Bozeman
- Discounts to over 1000 retailers through ADP LifeMart
- End of season employee appreciation day and retail sale
For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.
To apply, please visit www.yellowstoneclub.com and click on "YC Careers" at the bottom of the homepage. Or through this web link: