Yellowstone Club is hiring a Banquet Sous Chef!
Yellowstone Club is the world’s only private, members-only ski and golf community.
- Big Sky, Montana
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Nov 15, 2022)
The purpose of the Banquet Sous Chef is to assist in culinary management and food creation of an assigned restaurant outlet. The Banquet Sous Chef takes council from the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine to create, implement menu items and concepts specific to the outlet. Yellowstone Club has nine outlets on property ranging from continental breakfast, bar food, BBQ, Pacific Cuisine, and Fine Dining.
- Ensure that each Member and guest receives outstanding service in a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Member and guest, maintaining outstanding service standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Empowered to guarantee total Member satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our Members at all times, take pride in representing Yellowstone Club professionally with our Members and guests and assure that all transactions are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for team members, Members, and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, seek medical attention if necessary and contact the Assistant General Manager or Human Resources immediately. \
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all Yellowstone Club team members to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations
- Exhibit culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions
- Manage kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures
- Estimate daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily
- Assist Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine with all kitchen operations and preparation
- Supervise all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced
- Ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and staff by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
- Develop, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions
- Assist in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays
- Work to continually improve Member and guest dining satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget
- Improve service by communicating and assisting to understand Member and guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed
- all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established Club policies, procedures, and standards of service to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Meet departmental productivity, organization, punctuality/attendance and consistency standards.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Treat Members, guests, vendors, customers and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
- Maintain privacy of our Members at all time.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all employees, supervisors, managers and directors.
- Perform work in a safe and high quality manner.
- Project a favorable image of Yellowstone Club to Members and guests at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays. Long hours may be required due to business demands.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties, work hours and/or responsibilities for this job at any time.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Certificate in culinary arts or relevant field; 6+ years’ experience as a Cook/Line Cook in a resort or club setting; Highly proficient in regional American cuisine, High attention to detail; Knowledge of world class hospitality and service management; Proven ability to lead and manage a culinary team; Must be willing to work long hours which may include nights, weekends, and holidays; Must be an excellent communicator with the ability to multitask and think quickly when under pressure and Ability to lift up to 50lbs plus stand, walk and move around during majority of the day
Certificates & Licenses
Valid State Driver’s License
Basic Computer Skills
Able to speak clearly and effectively with Members, guests, co-workers, vendors and other Yellowstone Club departments. Able to write clearly and legibly.
Able to perform basic math calculations.
Ability to solve basic problems and/or know when it is necessary to get a manager to assist in problem solving.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind, snow or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands and arms or operate a computer. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 40 pounds. The employee is constantly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to handle, organize or lift items. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to determining the accuracy, neatness, attention to detail, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Yellowstone Club offers great benefits:
- free public transportation from Bozeman to the Club
- complimentary meal each shift
- Apex Medical Benefits
- Discounted Employee Housing
- Discounted Bike Haul at Big Sky Resort
- Discounts to over 1000 retailers to include travel, wellness, home, etc.
- Monthly discount to the Ridge Athletic Club
- Seasonal employee retail sales
- Employee Appreciation day
- Eligible for 401k Program