Yellowstone Club is looking for a Laundry Supervisor this Winter
Only Private Ski and Golf Club in the world!
- Big Sky, Montana
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Nov 01, 2022)
Purpose: The purpose of the Laundry Supervisor is to supervise and lead staff in day to day laundry operations on Yellowstone Club property.
- Ensure that each member and guest receives outstanding guest service in a guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every member and guest, maintaining outstanding service standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing Yellowstone Club professionally with our members and guests and assure that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees, members, and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, seek medical attention if necessary and contact the General Manager or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assign Lodgekeepers their duties and inspect work for conformance to standards of cleanliness.
- Oversee cleanliness of common areas including stairways, offices, hallways, bathrooms, etc.
- Oversee the laundry room.
- Responsible for daily laundry billing
- Responsible for providing guest and billing coordinators with any laundry questions
- Ensure that trash/garbage removal meets with health, safety and sanitation regulations including receiving dock areas and the grounds surrounding the area. Maintaining the cleanliness of all trash/garbage units.
- Inspect equipment and furnishings and prepares work orders for maintenance.
- Maintain cleanliness of community buildings.
- Assist in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing of the Lodgekeeping department.
- Assist in the implementation of departmental policies and procedures to assure that the premises, equipment, and facility is clean, orderly, and attractive at all times.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-departmental personnel and other departments within the facility, to assure that lodgekeeping projects can be properly planned and maintained to meet the needs of the facility.
- Assure and participate in maintaining the facilities are in a clean and safe manner for Members, guests, and employees.
- Assure that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained/operable to perform duties/services.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established Club policies, procedures, and standards of service to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Meet departmental productivity, organization, punctuality/attendance and consistency standards.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Treat Members, guests, vendors, customers and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
- Maintain privacy of our Members at all time.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all employees, supervisors, managers and directors.
- Perform work in a safe and high quality manner.
- Project a favorable image of Yellowstone Club to Members and guests at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays. Long hours may be required due to business demands.
- Coordinate office cleaning with departments.
- Inventory stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Assist in recruiting, selecting, and training department personnel.
- Assist in seasonal employee performance reviews.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties, work hours and/or responsibilities for this job at any time.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work; 2+ years working as a Lodgekeeping/Housekeeping Supervisor; Valid State Driver’s License
Experience working in a resort or club setting.
Certificates & Licenses
Valid State Driver’s License.
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Able to speak clearly and effectively with Members, guests, co-workers, vendors and other Yellowstone Club departments. Able to write clearly and legibly.
Able to perform basic math calculations.
Ability to solve basic problems and/or know when it is necessary to get a manager to assist in problem solving.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind, snow or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to handle or lift items. The employee is constantly required to stand and walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. The employee is also constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to determining the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.